Sun M13 II Opinions.

im running one of these (but high polished, not that it would make a difference) as my front wheel.

no complaints.

im running one of these (but high polished, not that it would make a difference) as my front wheel.

no complaints.

i’m over deep v’s, but that’s just me. i like to get free tubes from bike shops and patch them and it’s nice to be able to just take whatever they have laying around and not worry about valve length.

Not so hot in my opinion. They never build up as straight as a Mavic or DT (especially around the seam). But for half the price what do you expect?

Yeah. The rim seam on mine was so uneven/sharp it killed a tube or two before I figured out what was going on.

How do you remedy that?

Hit it with a file.

Okay, word.

Maybe Ill just buy these!

http://cgi.ebay.com/700C-FIXED-GEAR-WHEELSET-FIXIE-RIMS-WHEELS-40MM-THICK_W0QQitemZ190290749227QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCycling_Parts_Accessories?hash=item190290749227&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50

My take as well. Veeps are heavier and provide no real benefits over the M13’s aside from their, y’know, veepness.

The wheels on my Schwinn are M13s laced to formulas and they’ve served me well for over a year. The rear wheel required some major truing after about a month, but I think this had a lot more to do with the build than the rim.

40mm generic rims is not an upgrayedd from the Suns.

I bought a set of those M13/Formulas for lil mama’s party foul cuz they had 'em in stock at the party foul store and I wanted her to ride that day. My opinion is: she should ride her bike more.

And everything everybody else said: the seam is a little cruddy but… whatevs, for the price.

On a slightly related note. I’m wondering how often an average bike shop builds a wheelset. Every day? Several a week?

It was slower during the winter, of course - maybe one build a month, but it’s getting busier now. Everyone’s lacing up their Powertaps.

Cory get the suns, low profile rims will look much cleaner on your bike than the super deep vees. Althoguh those ofebay might look gangster with soem skinwalls aswell.

I bet those deep things weigh like 2lbs each.

I’ll likely order these wheels on friday.

This forum is so much more helpful than BF.

i know i love it.
work is boringgg

No eyelets either so they probably won’t last as long as the Suns (who appear to have single eyelets amirite?)

No eyelets either so they probably won’t last as long as the Suns (who appear to have single eyelets amirite?)[/quote]

Yeah, they look like they do, can’t really tell though. HIGH FIVE

It almost seems that everything that is “cool looking” isnt always as practical as normal designed parts.

Form =/= Function