swrve groupbuy reviews: hiding hoodie, milwaukee hoodie, cap

my swrve stuff came today, i’m really happy with it.

let me start this off by saying that i am HUGE! i can never find clothes to fit my extremely tall, lanky frame.

the hiding hoodie–very thin, i originally thought it was going to be a hoodie of similar cut and style to my trackstar hoodie i got last year. i like it though, i think it’ll make a really good baselayer. no elastic around the cuffs or the waist, so it fits almost like a raglan jersey. but it’s really nice, thin yet warm. i got really hot today when i was riding in it. the pocket is nice, not a panel on the outside, but rather sewn on to the inside. really nice placement of the hand holes. and the sleeves are really long, long enough for my long ass arms when i’m riding. the longer back is nice too, i don’t flash my crack to everyone when i’m riding.

milwaukee hoodie–the sleeves worry me a little. they’re cut at a kind of acute angle at the cuff, but they seem long enough regardless. i guess i’ll just have to wear gloves with a long cuff when it’s cold. the hoodie fits me really well, not like the shapeless poncho drug rug that people were talking about earlier. i got the black fuzzy softshell, and i really like the shaggy grey liner on the inside, it’s gonna be real warm. the pockets are decent, good enough to put thinly gloved hands in. but the back pockets are awesome. i bet you can fit about three beers in each pocket, i’ll find out next time i buy a case.

flannel cap–finally! a cycling hat that fits my huge head and shaggy main! WITH ROOM TO SPARE. really good quality on the seams and the fabric is really nice stuff. now i know i’ll be getting a tarckcap.

my friend got some knickers, i’ll try to get him to write something up when he gets a chance.

The milwaukee hoodie has been the best piece of fall/winter commuting gear ever. It’s wind, snow, water, & BEER repellent. Durable as all getout and totally looks as new as it did a year ago. The cut on the end of the sleeve could be a little longer on the underside, but it makes sense when riding. The hood is awesome and my ears never get cold when I double it up with mah yankopad winter cap. It’s my choice of jacket for riding home 2 miles from the bar when there’s 1ft of snow on the ground and all I have under is a t-shirt.

I sound like a goddamn salesman, don’t I?

[quote=“666pack”]my swrve stuff came today, i’m really happy with it.

let me start this off by saying that i am HUGE! i can never find clothes to fit my extremely tall, lanky frame.

the hiding hoodie–very thin, i originally thought it was going to be a hoodie of similar cut and style to my trackstar hoodie i got last year. i like it though, i think it’ll make a really good baselayer. no elastic around the cuffs or the waist, so it fits almost like a raglan jersey. but it’s really nice, thin yet warm. i got really hot today when i was riding in it. the pocket is nice, not a panel on the outside, but rather sewn on to the inside. really nice placement of the hand holes. and the sleeves are really long, long enough for my long ass arms when i’m riding. the longer back is nice too, i don’t flash my crack to everyone when i’m riding.

milwaukee hoodie–the sleeves worry me a little. they’re cut at a kind of acute angle at the cuff, but they seem long enough regardless. i guess i’ll just have to wear gloves with a long cuff when it’s cold. the hoodie fits me really well, not like the shapeless poncho drug rug that people were talking about earlier. i got the black fuzzy softshell, and i really like the shaggy grey liner on the inside, it’s gonna be real warm. the pockets are decent, good enough to put thinly gloved hands in. but the back pockets are awesome. i bet you can fit about three beers in each pocket, i’ll find out next time i buy a case.

flannel cap–finally! a cycling hat that fits my huge head and shaggy main! WITH ROOM TO SPARE. really good quality on the seams and the fabric is really nice stuff. now i know i’ll be getting a tarckcap.

my friend got some knickers, i’ll try to get him to write something up when he gets a chance.[/quote]

Curious what size hoodies you ordered, and how do they fit in the body? And how tall are you? I am also pretty lanky and find with jerseys that typically, if the sleeves are long enough, the body is too baggy.

mine will be here soon, but it’s like 80 degrees…fall is playing dick tease around here

Yeah. Not sure where people were getting that. I think maybe it’s just stiffer and more jacket-like than the “hoodie” name suggests.

i would file it under jacket

[quote=“Paramount”]

Curious what size hoodies you ordered, and how do they fit in the body? And how tall are you? I am also pretty lanky and find with jerseys that typically, if the sleeves are long enough, the body is too baggy.[/quote]

that’s the problem i have with every other hoodie / jersey i try.

i’m about 6’7", 185lbs. i wear a size medium or large t shirt depending on the maker. i got all my swrve stuff in size large, and it fits perfect. the sleeves are long enough, and the body is trim.

one company that i find makes a lot of stuff cut to fit me right is (surprise surprise) american apparell. i guess the increase of coked-up socially aware lanky kids has really opened up the market for people with weird builds like myself.

normally tall people are expected to be big all over, but i’m just really tall and skinny. it’s hard out there on the streets.

Yeah. Not sure where people were getting that. I think maybe it’s just stiffer and more jacket-like than the “hoodie” name suggests.[/quote]

i think the different materials may be more shapeless–like i know gortex is really hard to work with. my friend got a gortex milwaukee hoodie, and he said it was stiff, but it fit his body pretty well and he could still move freely in it.

Yeah. Not sure where people were getting that. I think maybe it’s just stiffer and more jacket-like than the “hoodie” name suggests.[/quote]

Definitely - Tarckeemoon was wearing it when I met him and it looked good, nothing like a poncho.