TAF, JA, or just WTH?

It’s no Babymaker

1 Like

the perfect ebike doesn’t exis—

4 Likes

It’s growing on me too.
But holy fuck does everyone want to talk to me about it .
I thought I was gonna miss the ferry this morning, but turns out the guy talking to me was the ferry attendant so we just made everyone late.

21 Likes

Huh. I’m sure the stem is fine, but I have doubts about that price for that whole pile of parts unless it comes with rider insurance for a year or so.

I love that bike for what it represents and does, but goddamn is it hard on the eyes

1 Like

atmo it’s only hard on the eyes to someone who hasn’t had a clydesdale fork bike.

6 Likes

I appreciate a bike that does vibrant maximalism without resorting to bags and danglemugs.

3 Likes

I dunno it looks like every other $250 freewheel fixie I see 15 year olds riding on to me, including the seat post being 100% slammed

3 Likes

12 Likes

hell yeah, looking forward to getting absolutely destroyed by that thing as a step out of my office onto the sidewalk.

4 Likes

i hate it, but it’s awesome

4 Likes

Isn’t that spoke lacing unstable or stressful to the hub or something? For the rear the drive torque has to go through the hub and the nds spokes to get to the rim

i’m not that smart, and ive heard the transferred to the nds spokes thing before. why doesn’t it make it through the driveside spokes too? or is it a “both, but if the nds is stiffer it is basically doing all the work there”

bikes like this are not about making sound engineering decisions

driveside (left side on this bike) is 100% leading spokes, so torque from the chain is de-tensioning all of them. You can’t “push” with a spoke because the spokes aren’t directly mechanically connected to the rim; the nipple is just held against the rim bed by tension.

So all the drive torque must be transferred across the hub to the trailing spokes on the NDS.

Kinda ditto for the front wheel - looks like a drum brake? - so when you hit the brakes, one side of the wheel has tension added to every spoke and the other side loses tension on every spoke.

And what happens when you’re building a wheel and you add tension on one side and remove tension on the other…? Basically when you hit the brakes hard or twist the throttle on this thing, the dish of each wheel is going to change temporarily.

THAT SAID, there’s so many spokes and they’re so goddamn thick that it probably doesn’t actually move a ton.

4 Likes

Exactly how low does Easton expect people will be mounting their shifters? :thinking:

8 Likes

Can’t see what the hooks look like, do they expect it to be in the Schwinn position pointing at the rear axle?

Bars are currently mounted so end of drop is perpendicular to ground, levers are mounted so transition from bar to lever is flat. Like 75% of these markings are completely worthless.

Better shot:

1 Like

Presumably most people rotate them waaaayyy up

2 Likes

Those marks are there so your flip n chop bullhorns are symmetrical

17 Likes
2 Likes