TAF, JA, or just WTH?

Yeah @Banjo aren’t you 6’5" tall or something? I can see how longer stays would feel different for you than for me.

3 Likes

Also you have two different bikes here:

• Mahall, Atlantis, etc which just have stretched stays

• Riv Hillibikes, Jones Plus which are stretched at both ends

1 Like

I’m 6’3, with a really short torso and chronic wrist injuries - keeping weight off my hands but keeping the front loaded is a priority to some degree

1 Like

wow prices on those vintage treks sure have gone up

2 Likes

he’ll sell every single one of them and it won’t take long.

bikes are fucking stupid.

12 Likes

I’m 90% sure that this batch of bikes is what held up my FTW frame for like three months.

I used to think romance man bike stuff was just vaguely annoying, but now it’s (probably) personal.

11 Likes

it took a while to incorporate 69 into every possible dimension and also build a run of very rustic looking churchwarden corncob wheed pipes. Plus, he had to pick the right bathrobe for the video shoot

10 Likes

Took a while to transcribe the geo chart from digital to analog then back to digital.

8 Likes

Lol

took a while to scrawl “ritchey logic” on the crank arm, shittly, in sharpie and drillium the seatclamp

That kinda bike is right up my deadender alley

But LMAO no way, hard pass, this stupid shit is way too corny

5 Likes

The bike is kinda cool actually, but I’d much rather it had Mike Varley-style ad copy

2 Likes

Haha dude it’s even stupider

2 Likes

it also doesn’t help that it seems most companies have decided that “shredpacking” is a thing and you can take your first round of shred bike geometry and add 25 water bottle bosses and that makes it a “bikepacking” bike

4 Likes

See my thing is that I think I want bikes like this

But I also like being able to get the modern bits because I don’t want to trawl ebay for actual dead-ender stuff any more than I already have to for my 135mm offset fatbike frames.

But I guess if he got a threadless headset, disc brakes, and thru-axles, it would just be an AlumaSurly? idk

1 Like

I love doing this. My stash of M-73X parts grows weekly.

[quote=“ShartAttack, post:5356, topic:21654, full:true”]

FTFY

5 Likes

FTFYF

4 Likes

That guy is definitey an example of my least favorite type of “funnycoolchillbro” out there. I’m sure he’s a “real friendly, down to watch guy” or whatever but to me he reads 1,000% stone-cold jock

5 Likes