Tarck Arts and Carfts. Post your home-built bikey stuff.

Yeah, the argument for owning your own is really iteration time rather than cost/piece.

Now we’re getting somewhere. I need to angle the struts back slightly as they still hit the center ridge of the cover. I’m trying to make it take normal store-bought bolt lengths so the heights are set, just need to position their attachments more intelligently.

As an aside, I’m working in Tinkercad (free, online) which is awesome. I had been trying to use Sketchup and that was some Stone Age software to be sure. Here’s the model:

I print at work on a Makerbot Replicator 2. I like it, when it works. I’m not the only one who uses it anymore though, and today the thing took a dump because the nozzle was clogged. Whoever was printing previously did a lot with no cleaning interval apparently. I did my best to clean it out but still was getting terrible wispy spiderweb prints until I switched quality levels to standard. Not sure why. Not really interested in finding out why.

Having mediocre prints makes it hard to tell if my tolerances are way off or if it’s just that day’s print. Hoping for better tomorrow.

Rad!
We need to make a Tarckprint webstore that stocks colorful 3D printed bicycle parts designed by Tarck memebers.
We can put Jimmy’s Tubus Duo Lowrider hook receptacles, Peter’s shift levers, the Luxos GoPro mount…what else?

• the driedel stem cap

I made a Lego for the son hub but the print was shitty

[quote=Andrew_Squirrel]Rad!
We need to make a Tarckprint webstore that stocks colorful 3D printed bicycle parts designed by Tarck memebers.
We can put Jimmy’s Tubus Duo Lowrider hook receptacles, Peter’s shift levers, the Luxos GoPro mount…what else?[/quote]
this is a really good idea, not necessarily kilobong but definitely good

There’s a 3D print shop here in town and I think I’m going to have make a batch for me so I can put them on big cartel. Would happily share the shop with others to shill their wares.

the new low-height design has the eyelet pretty far back, is it behind the OEM eyelet?

just thinking about the light’s center of gravity for slippage under vibration

(but hanging from behind-center is much better than being in front of it)

Made a bike wallet thing, basically a low profile feed bag that won’t hit my knees and can hold my phone and couple snack bars.

Maybe a million cent idea. How many non-warrantied Luxos are there out there, really?[/quote]

No Doug, a literal million dollars!!![/quote]

tarck is about precise hyperbolic slang.

[quote=drwelby]Made a bike wallet thing, basically a low profile feed bag that won’t hit my knees and can hold my phone and couple snack bars.

[/quote]

I’m interested to see how you like having it configured flush to the stem for knee clearance. My knees come pretty close to the headset when I’m out of the saddle, and I’ve wondered if it would be better to have the bag flatten to the back of the bar. These folks had the same idea as you, different orientation: http://www.bedrockbags.com/gear/tapeats-handlebar-bag

I’ve never hit my knee on a feedbag what are y’all doin??

Climbing out of the saddle on a drop bar bike?

The bike wallet is perfect, I don’t even touch it with my knees. It does benefit that I’m running a 120 stem - with a shorter stem the wallet would hang off the back and I wouldn’t want to find out how effective a steering-limiting chock my phone is. I could make it narrower - it’s sized to fit a Field Notes notebook which is wider than my phone.

The Bedrock bag reminds me of those molle ammo dump bags.

I def hit my knee on my stem bag (Road Runner) when I’m out of the saddle. It’s annoying, for sure.

I don’t hit my knee on feed bags either. Yall riding tiny bikes or got extra long legs?

In my case, long legs, but also a custom bike (62cm tt!!), everything’s where it’s supposed to be. How the hell do your knees not sweep up past your headset when you’re out of the saddle?

Bedrock make some cool looking stuff, if I hadn’t already bought some Revelate bags, I’d give some of their pieces a try.

I’ve got long femurs and like to ride frames with a short-ish TT

the human body is a mystery

I have short femurs and ride long top tubes and I hit my knee on my feedbag, occasionally.