Tarck Arts and Carfts. Post your home-built bikey stuff.

Yeah its aluminum, could almost certainly pop it by just twisting the bike against it hard enough. But it looks the part.

Depending on the type of aluminum I think you could be pretty surprised how hard it can be. I mean yes it could be easily sawed but I think twisting against it would be pretty unlikely without significantly damaging the frame.

The only purpose of this U-lock is to look like my bike is locked in public.

Why not just carry a regular Kripto mini?

Real locks are heavier.

I mean, I guess

cost? weight? krypto mini is my main lock, pinkie cheapo is wheel to frame or when I’m pretending to care about how much weight I have on the bike.

Walking home sucks though.

Made some fork-mounted bags for winter pükbaacking to carry the extra puffy stuff I would normally throw in a backpack. I’ve seen some other designs with a full rail to provide triple-boss mounts but since I don’t have any other forks with them anyways I started from scratch. I went with two semi-independent mounts that are riveted to an internal thermoformed ABS internal cradle. It has no other features or functions. Just a bag that mounts to my fork legs. They’re about 6L capacity.

those look fantastic!
could you post a photo of the mounts?

What material is the bag?

It’s salvaged from an old barbecue cove that blew away and got stuck on a barbed wire fence. Looks like some kind of coated nylon or poly. It has a light nylon liner for the bottom 10" to cover the internal stiffener, then just the bbq fabric in the top couple of inches to make it easier to roll.

Does it come off without tools?

No, it’s mounted with hose clamps. I guess you could get those hose clamps that have a key built in.

Where would I go to produce a small run of plastic game pieces? There is a plastics place across the street from my house, but they don’t produce anything less than 10,000,000 parts. 3D printing is too time-consuming and too imprecise. I need somewhere in the range of 42,000.

Have you asked around on some board game forums?

I was hoping to not have to join another forum since Tarck usually has some weirdly deep knowledge about various subjects, but I’ll probably eventually give that a try.

https://www.thegamecrafter.com/

Could be a starting point for this kind of thing.