Tarck Ass Poll (+updated with TARCK PHOTOSHOP PICS)

black in front blue in rear

Well hot damn, this poll came out pretty equal across the board.

PS no blue, only celeste!

he meant celeste. And I’m gonna have to agree. There is something about the aesthetic of having your rear wheel be where all the magic happens that just gets me going.

ps looking for a front white deep v. I might rattlecan my lime green one ;/

Thing about doing a mismatch if I was serious about doing it is I like contrast and celeste in front contrasting against the black fork, with black in the rear contrasting against the white seat tube/stays would look nice. Black matching the the black fork? Meh.

that’s the thing, the front would be stealth.

you can get some mavic tubbies on bicyclewheels.com for like 150 shipped i think. They may not be as nice as your old wheels but they will work for cheap then you will have spares?

Why pay more? I’m trying to get whole sale’d rims at 25 a pop plus I got a free wheel build. Trouble is there is literally no disposable money for this until I got a job.

aeroheads weigh 530grams???
i thought they were around 420g.

that is weird.

i vote pink.

No no, not the Aerohead but the Aero, the original Velocity rim with the curved profile more like a U than a V. Velocity lists it at like 480g on their site.

We also weighed out some machined white Aeroheads to 460g. Anodized and silver stuff always weighs less than powdercoated stuff, so regular silver and anodized Aeroheads are still probably around 420g since powdercoating adds on material/weight.

I think what I’m just going to do is take the bike to a shop, see if the celeste Velocity even matches up with the Bianchi celeste, and decide from there. Will probably end up going classy black.

i’m telling you. classy pink. lol.
pink is tarck.

[color=#40FFBF]Good call[/color]

[quote="(|)"]i’m telling you. classy pink. lol.
pink is tarck.[/quote]

i really hate pink rims on concepts. just a pet peeve of mine, i don’t think pink and celeste go together in any way except trying to emulate the totally cheesy late 80’s look that skiers and some snowboarders were doing with their outerwear, like this guy:

anyone remember that? i recall the very end of that weird fashion when i was a little tot just learning to ski. yeah, there’s no “true” celeste on him but you get the idea…

hmm, looks a little lighter on the rim almost?

I see nothing wrong with it while skiing. sometimes people ask me to turn my jacket down.

you’re not really playing the part that i was talking about. just a yellow jacket isn’t what i was getting at, i was referring to a period when it seemed like everyone on the mountain was completely decked out in neon colors… pink, safety orange, bright turquoise, whatever, from head to toe and then the skis/boards too.