Tarck Community Health Report 2019

New Tarck is one now. I think it's a good interval to reflect on community health and growth since we've moved to Discourse.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://blog.tarck.cc/tarck-community-health-report-2019/
6 Likes

Thanks for posting this Jordan! Fun to look at the metrics and stuff.

Dang, the Hong Kong data was really surprising.

Yeah, thanks!

Immediately after nutarck was built, I noticed myself posting less, but giving more hearts.

2 Likes

Checking in for the sweeeedes.

1 Like

we are getting pinged by something in Virginia

guvment is watching

3 Likes

Hells yes.

Does new tarck have more or less of a Google presence than old tarck? Is that knowable? Guess I’m just curious about how Discourse presents itself to search engines (I haven’t had to google anything tarck related for a while since search actually works now)

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: Concentrate and ask again

What does the future of tarck hold? @discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: My sources say no

1 Like

8 Likes

i think all the virgina hits is the cloudfront edge (us east (n. virginia)) checking for invalidated objects (all our static js/css)

not mentioned is the referrer header, we’ve been linked from the following a lot:

v-salad
braceline
and this other grav-grav forum i’ve not heard of but doesn’t currently have confetti? :man_shrugging:

Do we have info on what the targets of the links are? I’d be really interested in seeing what they’re linking to.

The pictures of face thread duh

3 Likes

But no it’s aggregated in the report, I can probably run a query and work it out tho

@discobot joke

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

1 Like