Tarck is not dead, it just smells funny.

So much tl;dr

still ride the sweet fixie
perfect of short jaunts around my area
road bike is not road worthy at the moment

I’m about to start working at a shop 3 miles from my house. Gonna be riding hella fixie.

hipster fixie bros have to be below average

today i saw the stereotypical “old dude” cyclist riding a MASI fixed gear (with brakes).

he had an epic beard, longish gray hair, was wearing an old (not a retro reprint) ass bianchi jersey with some shorts that had clearly seen a lot of miles.

When I get old I hope I am that dude. If my hair goes white and I’m still skinny and fit and not moving myself around in a rascal scooter I’ll be a happy camper.

THIS so fucking much.

As much as I want to go out an do this kind of stuff (if for no other reason they to rep my shop, shitty I know) I just can’t bring myself to do it. By the time I get off work I want to ride home, feast, and spend time with my wife.

It’s gotten to the point that I’ll skip the Sunday fixed gear bandit races because I would rather just get in a beast 3 hour ride in instead. Oh well… still LOVE riding a brakeless track bike home from work at night when it’s getting warmer.[/quote]

I stopped going on fixiebro rides when they kept complaining about having to climb hills on them. They’d rather make a stop every 2 miles to grab a beer/go to a MJ dispensary and ge thigh.

The last thing I want to do is TALK about riding bikes. I don’t even work in a bike shop, but I’d rather be RIDING my bike.

That and I got really bored of “road riding” and have stuck mostly to the trails unless the weather is bad or my back hurts. It’s easy to get a 4-6 hour trail ride in here and not see the same stuff twice.

heh, “ge thigh”

also - my track bike has a brooks, two brakes, zip tied water bottle holders, and nitto noodles… did a 200k brevet on it yesterday.

my triathlon bike has neon green BMX platforms, risers with ourys, and a front wald basket.

i like riding fixed i just think i’m over the whole brakeless thing. rip zelah

Police are fining people up to $500 for riding brakeless in the Tokyo city city area since last summer.
Finally the police even in my area (western Tokyo) seem to have started also.
So many tarck bikes with brakes in the city now. Nothing wrong with that at all.
My tarck bike is now my “weekend ride” because of this but whatever. Got other bikes to ride during the day/to work/etc.

OP is on my ignore list so i don’t know the particulars of the question, but fuck no. There are more kids on 700CMX here than ever before.

road bikes are faster, more comfortable, and funner in the long haul, when you go on a ride or race. however, they can also be pretty boring in a way (everyday commuting).

tarck bikes are a little faster and more fun for short distances atmo. hence, sweet fixies are sweet commuters.

QED

lulz

sweet bike bro! Is that a volume cutter?

[quote=oogenssssss][quote=FIXIE STAR]TBQH, at least around here, shit went south when it went from riding bikes and having fun, to like, hug-a-thon vegan baked good cupcake bike prom “having fun” which, is good in of itself, I guess, it’s just not really appealing to my elitist/adrenaline based rush from cycling.

I guess I just moved on from the whole “regular dudes on fixie” crew. It’s really young crew now around here (like late teen/early 20s) and I have a girlfriend and I actually for real race bikes now instead of caring about monstertrack or whatever dumb alleycat is coming up. Real bike racing takes everything I like about alleycats (riding bikes really fast) but takes away all the stupid stuff I didn’t like about them (like straight up juvenile antics at checkpoints) and then adds more fun stuff, like wearing spandex and shaving your legs.

I still ride my fixay everywhere in the city, but I just can’t really muster up the care to spend all night riding a total of like 10 miles slowly around the city.[/quote]

then beat your krew into shape, we were doing our 10ish mile ride in about a half hour.

and comparing alleycats to sanctioned races is stupid. that’s like saying you don’t like to smoke the jetta revving his engine at you because you’ve done a few autocross events. dumb fun is dumb and fun.[/quote]

I think you’re missing the point…

Once you start riding for hours outside the city, going up and down hills, and still going fast/pushing yourself… riding (or racing, in an alleycat) in the city loses its appeal.

Unless i’m cruising along at 13-15mph to work, I absolutely hate riding in the city. Take the quickest way outta town or into the hills just to escape it so I can concentrate on riding, not worrying about cars, stop lights, etc. That’s the real zen right there…

this dude was on the train with me today. swet Dolan with arr0jok

[quote=coppi]road bikes are faster, more comfortable, and funner in the long haul, when you go on a ride or race. however, they can also be pretty boring in a way (everyday commuting).

tarck bikes are a little faster and more fun for short distances atmo. hence, sweet fixies are sweet commuters.

QED[/quote]
You forgot the zen. How the fuck could you forget the zen? Oh yeah, and the simplicity.

[quote=Captain Gnarlock]this dude was on the train with me today. swet Dolan with arr0jok

[/quote]
Luckily you out tarcked him with the Cannondale.