Tarck world champs

I only realized the world champs are taking place now by chace just now, on day 2. You let me down, tarck.
How come there is no thread about this? Or did I miss it?

I switched on the tv just in time to see Victoria Pendleton get beaten pretty badly in the final of the team sprint. Men’s 4000 TT final coming up… brb

Is this televised?
zoinks!

In Europe it is, of course. Eurosport broadcasts the track world and euro champs live every year. Dunno about the US.

US don’t care about cycling.

why are they even holding this event? conversionstar already won.

^^I am trackstar hear me roar.

Universal Sports channel allegedly airs Track events but I can’t find any proof of this on their website.

Taylor Phinney from the US just won the 4000 pursuit… It was a fun one, he led at 2000 by 0.3 only to have the aussie come back at him and take the lead at about 3000-3250ish, by less than a tenth. In the end Phinney won by over half a sec I think.

phinney’s a beast.

i have never ever heard of universal sports??

[quote=trackstar]
i have never ever heard of universal sports??[/quote]

It’s one of those obscure hidden digital cable channels; wedged between the Filipino national channel and the lesbian cooking network.

Universal Sports is an extra NBC channel on the HD spectrum. Not every city has it, but if you do, it’ll be whatever channel NBC is plus another number. So if NBC is channel 5, then it’ll be channel 5-3 or something. I have it where I live but am yet to see any World Championship track cycling, though there is plenty of downhill skiing 24-7.

http://www.universalsports.com/main/Schedule.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=23000&KEY=

You say that like it’s a bad thing. Downhill skiing is the ultimate badass sport.
Whenever the dumbfuck “extreme sports” people brag about how they come down hills on skateboards or whatever at 40 or 50 mph, images of dh skiers flash in my mind. They do 75+ on those bumpy slopes, cornering like a mofo with their ass almost touching the ground, sometimes in poor visibility. And they are not out to get down alive, they are out to beat the other guy by 0.1 sec.
I mean, what is more badass than crashing like this and then winning 2 olympic gold medals a couple of days later?

That crash was nothin’, he was just being dramatic.

I say that because it’s boring. Football is tough as hell, but I find that boring too. I’m sure it’s fun to play, but I’d rather not watch it.

I watch Universal Sports pretty regularly. I generally like it a lot, but I wish they would show as much cycling as their promos would lead me to believe they do.

[quote=lofarkas]I only realized the world champs are taking place now by chace just now, on day 2. You let me down, tarck.
How come there is no thread about this? Or did I miss it?

I switched on the tv just in time to see Victoria Pendleton get beaten pretty badly in the final of the team sprint. Men’s 4000 TT final coming up… brb[/quote]
http://tarckbike.com/node/10837