Tarckettes...

ok, gotcha. didnt know there was a name for it. so a mixte is a bike with the top tube connected to the rear dropouts, right?

solbrothers, take like 2 days…read and absorb everything sheldon brown ever put out, come back.

ive browsed sheldon’s site. …

Someone should build one of those up with brifters and make sol’s head asplode.

lmao

oh, and i now want a mixte too! never really wanted one before today, but i can totally see it now. i’m not sure i could have found one in my size before this either.

Never mind. It’s definitely for sale now. Pricey though.

littlebear. pink is the shit.
that frame is badass because it has the mid fork braze on’s. you could put a berthoud front rando rack on there i think…or low rider rack for front bags. sweet.

$455

wow

I suppose it is a high end steel frame.

damn this is what the wife needs

for that much, id just get an oldschool roadie

a coworker (same guy who gave me the mint peugeot princeton) has been trying to give me a 70’s motobecane mixte bike. mint as well. brooks springer saddle

I understand the appeal of mixtes n’ everything, but old ones can be had purty cheap…

M’lady’s been pretty happy with hers, and it was quite a bit cheaper than 450 for the frame. Are these things hard to find now, er what?

i agree, that frame is for chicks that want to ride in designer shoes and are looking for that perfect cycling cap that won’t give them hat head.

fuck hat head fuck designer. tarck or die!!

Blicks, you just flipped my universe inside out.

[quote=Elderberry]I understand the appeal of mixtes n’ everything, but old ones can be had purty cheap…

M’lady’s been pretty happy with hers, and it was quite a bit cheaper than 450 for the frame. Are these things hard to find now, er what?[/quote]
^Not a mixte, just a step-through frame.

so wait, why is that not a mixte?

Mixtes don’t have a single top tube. They have two thin tubes that run from the head tube all the way to the rear dropouts.

oh gotcha. are you sure that pink one has a single top tube?