The greatness that is BF SS/FG

My analysis of that post:

lolz are spilling out all over the floor

I really don’t think that’s trolling, although if it is, hats off to him. I’m glad to see his friend nearly took the podium in the MS150. What an honor.

Hehe, I was enjoying that part of the story the most.

[quote=toast]step 1 - watch MASH
step 2 - do MASH[/quote]
i skipped the first part. still count?

was this guy a messenger, say, between 1990 and 1999?

brianforums is full of bad conversions and worse advice. i’m pretty sure this was an established fact. how many threads are we going to make about how much it sucks over there?

no troll at all.
and he finished the 98mile day 1 of the ms150 in under five and a half hours.
this kid can book it. used to put roadies to shame at the tuesday night crit series we have here. most of them cat2s. kid is just fast and when you put some weed in him he just doesn’t give a fuck. he used to do the loop part of that ride at 2am with 20miles each way to get there from our neighborhood. he was seriously crazy. wait, is seriously crazy. wants to do sf to la in 5 days.

and the best part of him doing that sufferfest is that he played a show after.

the man rabbi refers to is, indeed, real.

how the fuck is he real?

how do you know youre not dreaming that he exists?

I just like the idea of placing in a charity ride. Sounds like my kind of guy though.

[quote=rabbi]no troll at all.
and he finished the 98mile day 1 of the ms150 in under five and a half hours.
this kid can book it. used to put roadies to shame at the tuesday night crit series we have here. most of them cat2s. kid is just fast and when you put some weed in him he just doesn’t give a fuck. he used to do the loop part of that ride at 2am with 20miles each way to get there from our neighborhood. he was seriously crazy. wait, is seriously crazy. wants to do sf to la in 5 days.

and the best part of him doing that sufferfest is that he played a show after.[/quote]

98 miles in 5.5 hrs is not too impressive. It’s only 17.8mph and most of us could probably do that with a little training. Besides, that’s only a little faster than you claim he did 137 miles with 10,000’ of climbing with one bottle of water.

Really, if he is that strong, he should be racing for some pro team.

When did a sub-six hour century become not impressive?

Also, this guy doesn’t happen to be pals with Jeremy Powers? Rides a motobecane? Wears his hat sideways?

When it’s a huge charity ride and you can keep out of the wind for at least 95 of those miles if you’re not a complete dumbass. I’m pretty fucking slowd and I can ride a 5 hour century when I’m out of shape if I’m in a group. I don’t know which one he did and if there was a lot of climbing it could still be impressive but it’s nowhere near the level of any of the other claims about this dude.

[quote=halbritt]Also, this guy doesn’t happen to be pals with Jeremy Powers? Rides a motobecane? Wears his hat sideways?[/quote]hahahahhahahahhaha.

black shirt/no bag

When it’s a huge charity ride and you can keep out of the wind for at least 95 of those miles if you’re not a complete dumbass. I’m pretty fucking slowd and I can ride a 5 hour century when I’m out of shape if I’m in a group. I don’t know which one he did and if there was a lot of climbing it could still be impressive but it’s nowhere near the level of any of the other claims about this dude.[/quote]when a ton of cat2 road racers do charity rides… it’s hardly a charity ride anymore.

and the las vegas MS150 day 1 is ~3500’.

When we say “5 hour century”, do we mean five hours from when you leave the starting line to when you cross the finish line, or five hours “moving time” as shown on some bike computer somewhere?

I can only dream of the downhill, with a tailwind, endless pods of tandems to slipstream, kind of Valhalla-like century that I could complete in five hours. Not saying it isn’t like that for others, but not for me.

start to finish.
left at 8. he got to mesquite before 1:30.

Having more fast people just makes it easier to ride fast.

Really though a ton of cat2s? Even if that was the case were they really riding that hard?

the former, really though you shouldn’t need to spend much time off the bike on a 5 hour ride. A couple of minutes to piss and fill up water bottles should be about it.

He’s a wild animal! That’s rad, hat’s off to him.

I don’t think you understand, man! These were Cat 2s!