The name is Asini...Tomm Asini

I know that some of the members here were involved in the great Tommasini Wars over at Brianforums. I’m really curious as to the outcome. As instructed by Tommasini USA I contacted Tommasini Italy with no response. Did anyone hear some final word on who was right, who was wrong, who made what. I was feeling nostalgic over there today.

i missed it and just saw all the bans and funny shit. what actually happened?

Some dude in Switzerland (Mozzy Shop on ebay) gets a bunch of unpainted frames made by Tomassini/Italy, paints them and sells them under the GoRilla/Tomassini name.

Some poster asks innocently about the quality/origin of these frames.

Tomassini/USA (made in the far east) has already threatened legal action against the dude for using the name/selling the frames in an unauthorized fashion, and their rep finds the post and weighs in.

Mozzy Shop guy finds the thread.

Much bitching and hilarity ensues.

In all honesty, who do you think was telling the truth? Their stories were polar opposites. Personally, I think that Mozzy character’s story is likely the more truthful one.

[quote=“tarckeemoon”]Some dude in Switzerland (Mozzy Shop on ebay) gets a bunch of unpainted frames made by Tomassini/Italy, paints them and sells them under the GoRilla/Tomassini name.

Some poster asks innocently about the quality/origin of these frames.

Tomassini/USA (made in the far east) has already threatened legal action against the dude for using the name/selling the frames in an unauthorized fashion, and their rep finds the post and weighs in.

Mozzy Shop guy finds the thread.

Much bitching and hilarity ensues.[/quote]
thanks! :bear:

Well he at least came across as less of a douche.

That was fun. I survived.

I missed the war too. I’m such a low-down draft dodger. Did anyone archive the thread? Does it still exist?

Ms. Tommasini (Tina I think) was never able to answer directly “Were these made by Tomassini?” She was asked this a million times and I think her avoidance settled it for just about everyone reading along.

That was what I gathered. What an awesome day!

[quote=“icknayvon”]
That was what I gathered. What an awesome day![/quote]

So many epic shenanigans went down on bike forums. I only hope we can stoop to a level that low in the future.

tomassini usa bought the name/rights to sell tomassinis in the usa

the other tomassinis on ebay or whatevs are “real tomassinis”, the maker of them has the rights to sell/make them in europe.

i guess person-person ebay sales are a bit of a gray area/technicality.

if you ask me, there was some other funny business going on there at bike forums re: the tomassini threads and such.

SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP

YOU’RE ALL BANNED

Exactly and the ass mod Donna was apparently in some sordid lesbian affair with her or something because she hid every bit of it. Wrongly locked threads, deleted peoples comments and other people had their comments changed by mods.
My account along with a few other people in the war was essentially locked up for a week while they denied it.

Overall, brainforums came out looking dirty as hell, Tommasini looking like total liars and the dude with the Gorilla frames totally in the right.
Id never buy anything Tommasini made after they showed their dirty asses.

deathhare you were totally on the liberation front in the Tommasini wars.

they are still selling tommasini gorillas on the e. if they are fake wouldn’t a lawsuit or something like that be in order to save tommasini’s good(?) name? i says we all buy one and put bf stickers all over them, with a pic of brian as the headbadge.

Tarckbike.com group buy! :bear:

i just missed the whole thing. i came back to a bunch or really quiet, really pissed of people. all i saw was that post by some mod about how mention of tom… would lock a thread or something. no one could mention what happened without getting banned so i could never find out.

so was that guy getting frames from toma… or not?

He was supposedly getting them as test frames from the Italian Tommasini factory, right? He also, supposedly, was given the go ahead by the Tommasini family to sell them as he was.

I’d totally be down to pick up one of those frames.

that was what killed BFSSFG. mattface’s un-locked photobucket account was the nail in the coffin. one small group of losers getting banned as a result gave birth to the greatest cycling site ever to grace the world’s browsers.

i mean, shit dude, we even have our own false idol. tell the peloton to watch their rear wheels, cuz soon enough we’ll be sitting on it.