The New New Guy Thread. Your first post goes here. Seriously.

So, it’s basically a curated sweet fixie but for old people?

lol Built it up for Eroica that way then kept riding it as is because it’s just so freaking convenient to pack and unpack it when we’re traveling.

Hah, it is exactly as described. Eroica is about as retro-grouch as you can get and still be riding bikes.

There were a whole bunch of bikes from the early 1900s and they did not look fun to ride. They allowed the use of any bikes this year for the Nova version. It was weird to see brand new carbon wonderbikes+deep carbon wheels with a bundle of twine holding on an Eroica numberplate.

What is that front rack? Is the VO 110/74 nerd crank going to happen?

Proto. And no. I rode that crank extensively and wasn’t too fond of it. Shifting was mediocre since the chainline was wider than regular road for some reason. It wasn’t our design. Maybe something in the future, but for the time being, we’re going to get in more 50.4 rings. The original modular crankset!

I could sure use some ramped and pinned 50.4 rings.

Igor, I kind of like your MMORPG bikes.

Ours already are!

More like LARP :stuck_out_tongue:

At least new guy grasps setback

I love my campeur, wish I bought a camargue instead tho. Thanks for being some bike weirdos, but not like some of the bike weirdos we really don’t like. Thanks for making things more discy and threadlessy than the founder.

Ima be honest here and say that that “lilac” color on the new VO bikes is the best bike color I’ve seen in a while and if you didn’t insist on derping it all up with a threaded headset I woulda dumped my NFE and got on the VO train.

And I hate how much I love that tie dyed cloth bar tape.

Too bad he can’t grasp the the use of the quote button.

Proto. And no. I rode that crank extensively and wasn’t too fond of it. Shifting was mediocre since the chainline was wider than regular road for some reason. It wasn’t our design. Maybe something in the future, but for the time being, we’re going to get in more 50.4 rings. The original modular crankset![/quote]

Interesting. I was waiting for more info before I pulled the trigger on an IRD wide compact. So is that design available from any other vendors? I had a 50.4 crankset but once I moved past 9 speed, the chain was getting stuck between the rings a lot on downshifts. Also I never quite got over the Nervar 631 arms that broke.

because he is that catalog’s J. Peterman

[quote=sparksflyhigh]

Interesting. I was waiting for more info before I pulled the trigger on an IRD wide compact. So is that design available from any other vendors? I had a 50.4 crankset but once I moved past 9 speed, the chain was getting stuck between the rings a lot on downshifts. Also I never quite got over the Nervar 631 arms that broke.[/quote]

Are you talking about their Adventure crankset? I’m pretty sure it’s the same as the one we tried. I haven’t had any problems with 10 or 11 speed stuff on our 50.4s both indexed and friction. Definitely no drops between rings.

Wait, are you friction shifting 11 speed?

My stronglight 49d definitely does not drop the chain between the rings with a 10 speed chain. No idea about 11s.

10speed friction has served me well on the commuter.

I like the Polyviolet (and still a little bummed that I didn’t jump in the pre-sale for one).

When it comes to friction shifting, the more the merrier. I’ve had way better luck doing 11 than 9 or less.