The NICE Things Pedestrians/Drivers Say And Do For You When You Are On The Road

i don’t mind

The other day I was trackstanding while waiting at a light and some old dude pulled up next to me, rolled down his window, and just stared at my feet/pedals for the entire light looking puzzled, but didn’t say anything to me. Not really nice, but I got a laugh out of it.

Nearly every day people wave me through stop signs or when I’m making a left turn, its nice of them, but sometimes pretty annoying.

i don’t mind[/quote]
id appreciate a higher pix to talk ratio. kthxbye

i don’t mind[/quote]
id appreciate a higher pix to talk ratio. kthxbye[/quote]
+1

some old dude rolled down the window at me and yelled, as i rode away “so tarck! yeah!”
obviously taken as a compliment.

^liar

Some guy pulled over ot ask if i needed a ride up a hill … haha…

I’ve also been told “Wow, you’re fast!” when i was at a stop light.

My favorite comments are the ones I get while unlocking, including “Is that carbon fiber?”, “Nice ten speed” (twice), “How do you like that aluminum frame?” (bike is steel), “Where are the gears?” and “How do you stop on that thing?” 10x (I have a front brake).

my statement remains true.

everyone knows the elderly are hella not tarck.

i beg to differ

a new challenger enters the arena

I was trackstanding at a light one day and an attractive young lady with a lowcut shirt and full chest tattoo walked right in front of me and said “Nice Surly!” (I ride a fixed Cross Check). It was clear from how she said it that she knew something about bikes and wasn’t just reading the sticker on the downtube.

This weekend when I was loading up my jersey pockets in front of the local Quickie Mart before a 70 mile ride, I heard some giggling behind me. Something about posing next to the trash can I was standing alongside so that surreptitious photos of my “buns” could be taken. I LOLed.

i beg to differ[/quote]
dude wasn’t ELDERLY. just a little older.

i beg to differ[/quote]
Also differing. Older dude who works at the shop has a purple and white miyata that’s the tarckest road ride I’ve seen in person. He’s livin’ it, too. :bear: