The problem with racing is that..

Well, it’d likely not be very good bread.

Do you think I care?

lets start a race team thats sponsored by in-n-out

Probably easy considering you live in mo-mo land.

Also to clarify I check my bills today, I spend about $100 on food and groceries.

…have to drive real far to ride for like an hour, then sit in the car getting tight all the way back home.

lets start a race team thats sponsored by in-n-out[/quote]

IN.

Edit: or Betos.

IN.

Edit: or Betos.[/quote]

true story: at 10:30 AM after my first cyclocross race last weekend I downed an in-n-out burger and a shake. I spent the next 18 hours dysfunctional and puking.

So in short, I’m in.

come dumpster dive with me sometime. perhaps sunday evening. also, kate and i have produce right now (i think) that we’re almost certain to not use before it goes bad (some of it is pretty close). come on over and rescue it if you wanna do that.

IN.

Edit: or Betos.[/quote]

true story: at 10:30 AM after my first cyclocross race last weekend I downed an in-n-out burger and a shake. I spent the next 18 hours dysfunctional and puking.

So in short, I’m in.[/quote]

HY TAF

Pro tip: Put some refried black beans in a big tortilla, throw it in the micro for a minute, douse it in Tapatillo and you’ve got some fast, functional and extremely cheap food to fuel your body to do the things you want to do.

Also, you can get a pound of bulk Quinoa for like 2.50 and it’ll last for like three months. Boil up a cup of that throw in some whole black beans douse with Tamatillo and eat burrito style. That’s a superfood.

Also, there is a little Serbian grocery store about a mile from my house called Devon Market that sells the best and cheapest produce I have ever seen and also caries a wide range of the local Mexican food stuffs that I live on. If I go to the Dominic’s around the corner from me, I wind up paying literally twice as much for the same amount of food, getting shittier produce and beans made by ConAgra or General Mills. Fuck that shit.
Where you chose to buy counts for a lot. Put your money where your mouth is an buy local as much a possible.
/rant

[quote=Rusty Piton]Pro tip: Put some refried black beans in a big tortilla, throw it in the micro for a minute, douse it in Tapatillo and you’ve got some fast, functional and extremely cheap food to fuel your body to do the things you want to do.

Also, you can get a pound of bulk Quinoa for like 2.50 and it’ll last for like three months. Boil up a cup of that throw in some whole black beans douse with Tamatillo and eat burrito style. That’s a superfood.

Also, there is a little Serbian grocery store about a mile from my house called Devon Market that sells the best and cheapest produce I have ever seen and also caries a wide range of the local Mexican food stuffs that I live on. If I go to the Dominic’s around the corner from me, I wind up paying literally twice as much for the same amount of food, getting shittier produce and beans made by ConAgra or General Mills. Fuck that shit.
Where you chose to buy counts for a lot. Put your money where your mouth is an buy local as much a possible.
/rant[/quote]

HY, I basically live on that same stuff. Black beans + rice is all I need. Quinoa is great. I also drink a lot of skim milk. I don’t think I’ve bought meat in a grocery store for months–it’s not that I’m trying to be vegetarian (I fucking love meatloaf) but it’s just cheaper and easier.

Pro supplement to pro tip: if you buy canned beans, watch out for sodium content! Try to get ones with no salt added. But buying dried beans and cooking them in bulk is even cheaper.

come dumpster dive with me sometime. perhaps sunday evening. also, kate and i have produce right now (i think) that we’re almost certain to not use before it goes bad (some of it is pretty close). come on over and rescue it if you wanna do that.[/quote]

Give me a call on Sunday when y’all go I will PM you my #. Also what produce do you have? I am pretty limited in my cooking skills.