The problem with racing is that..

I want to eat foods covered in chocolate.

That’s not a problem with racing. That’s a problem with you trying to be good at racing.

Eat them while you’re on the bike :colbert:

I agree though. It’s a good thing Thanksgiving/Christmas come in the off-season. I eat like a pig around this time of the year, and drink like a fish when it involves a stout/porter.

whenever i race, beer > chocolate.

The main reason I am staying off the bike right now is because my food cost would go up by about $200 a month if I road as much as I would like too.

Just drink chocolatey beer and you have the best of both worlds.

Do you eat lobster and caviar exclusively?

Do you eat lobster and caviar exclusively?[/quote]

No I am just eating for about $50-100 a month right now. I am poor as hell right now.

I don’t know, I ride a lot and spend very little on food. I cook a lot, and eat microwave lunches from Trader Joe’s at work ($2 a piece, can’t go wrong). I think you can keep your budget low by eating lots of eggs, fruit, greens, and legumes. Those are all cheap foods which pack tons of calories, fat, carbs, etc.

I know, but I eat prob once a day right now maybe twice if I am feeling fancy. But if I start riding I will go back to 4 times a day, fresh fruit, fish and meat for the protein. I tried it for like 2-3 weeks back when Heath showed me a ride that is literally right next to my house and I just can’t afford it until I get more money.
I just am a baby and don’t ride at all instead of just riding once a week instead of 3-5 times a week.

beans & rice is pretty cheap

I was racing at 175# a few years ago doing ok, last year I was 178-185 (mostly 185), now I’m pushing 195… ahhhhhhh

crits are fun though :slight_smile:

post yr bmi itt

bmi is bullshit, body fat% means a lot more.

Yeah rice and beans are cheap as dirt, also eggs and they all pack decent substance.

aerobear:

i eat way more now that i ride bikes more/race. probably damn near twice as much. and being that i’m poor that means eating a lot of lentils, beans and rice, etc. and adding tvp to stuff.

i also crave sugar a lot and luckily i can’t really afford to eat sugar or junk food so it’s easier to resist.

edit: oops. didnt realize i logged in as brent the other day on this computer

was behind a masters class guy in the toughest part of the cyclocross course today. he had a crown burger (local burger chain) sponsorship right on his lower back jersey spot. Just stared at that shit for half a lap until I got filled with enough jealousy and rage at the taunting deliciousness to pass him. :slight_smile:

…is that training eats into my time for school/ studying.

Look for me at Hellyer, I’ll be the one in the back struggling to keep up!

I’m still as fat as ever, but my weight doesn’t really fluctuate with activity level. The harder I ride, the more intense my appetite.

Also, cheap food: beans/rice/eggs.

Scott, do you like bread? I need someone to eat my experiments.

[quote=halbritt]I’m still as fat as ever, but my weight doesn’t really fluctuate with activity level. The harder I ride, the more intense my appetite.

Also, cheap food: beans/rice/eggs.

Scott, do you like bread? I need someone to eat my experiments.[/quote]

OMG I LOVE BREAD!!!