The tarmac is dead

Frame cracked at the rear seatstays.
My fault. Crash. Sandy ground or flat I’m not sure what happened, I was going about 25 into a corner and lowsided on the boardwalk.

I’m kind of thinking of just building up a cross frame with the old parts.
I don’t know what kind of deals specialized cuts on crash replacement, but I’d rather just get a steel frame custom built that would actually fit me and my weird proportions.

pics

I’ll have more when I get back to Houston. I didn’t bother sending it to portland because the last thing I want is to finish cracking it all the way bombing down a hill.

Sadly, I should hav enoticed before as it was making quite a funny bit of noise when I was coming home, but I was too pumped full of adrenaline and covered in blood to really notice.

Neosporin is helping a LOT.
here’s whatever is safe for work. Wouldn’t want to blind you with any more of my scarred flesh.

Glad you are OK. Sorry to hear about the wipe out. Good excuse to get custom frame made though!

I think he meant pics of bike. We’ve all seen road rash before.
Sucks by the way, sorry man.

[quote=Rusty Piton]I think he meant pics of bike. We’ve all seen road rash before.
Sucks by the way, sorry man.[/quote]

[quote=klondikebear][quote=Rusty Piton]I think he meant pics of bike. We’ve all seen road rash before.
Sucks by the way, sorry man.[/quote][/quote]

yeah, i sent it back to the specialized dealer. i know they’ll offer me crash replacement, but again, I want something that will last me forever…

Ha the other night I had a dream I got this(which is pretty much the most visually appealing carbon frame I’ve seen)

Anyway I had a group ride the next morning and one of the seatstays just came off with no effort. I was bummed and some at the shop recommended wood glue or something. Anyway I was freaking out 'cause I wanted to ride. I woke up all panicked and then realized my steel bike was down stairs. Relieved, I got up and got ready to head out. Weird.

nothing lasts forever. take the specialized crash replacement dude.

nothing lasts forever. take the specialized crash replacement dude.[/quote]

even the crash replacement is sick expensive.
Then again, I am moving to San Diego and living with a family member so I’ll have few expenses and be selling all my stuff.

don’t buy anything carbon or alu then.
even steel frames can break from normal use.

think long and hard about builder and what u want out of the bike and get a nice custom frame.

send me dah crabon
I take to research institute and have a nerd fix it.

crash replacement, then sell? Either complete, or bare frame and continue with your original goal?

someone else broke a tarmac http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/bik/1802942223.html

FULL DISCLOSURE UP FRONT: THIS IS A DAMAGED FRAME.

The frame was damaged in a car accident. There are some small cracks on the chainstays near the BB. They are barely noticable. I know for a fact from a reputable local bike shop (rhymes with Monte’s) that the cracks in the frame are repairable for ~$200. I already have a new frame and have no need to fix or keep this frame. Comes with frame/fork. NO seat post.

This is the link for the product at the Spec website: http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?arc=2007&spid=22290&menuItemId=0

It is the Quick Step-Bettini model. There are about 5k miles on this frame. Cane creek headset. CASH ONLY. Make me an offer.

bummer I love those bikes

Just get it repaired.

Bikeboss broke three of them last year when he rode for bearclaw.

Just buy a car.

Get a custom steel frame!