this tourist = mind blown

from the davidson cycles flickr.
they said this is the latest tourist they’ve seen…december 11…weather brutal in seattle. he rode from tucson. notice major taylor bars. he looks scary.
davidson pista tandem in window looks badass.

another of their description.

This is the latest tourist we have ever seen, December 11. He has just finished a trip from Tucson, the long way. Through Death Valley, Utah, Yosemite, all the great places in the southwest. He is wearing a wool Czech Army uniform, perfect for a cold Seattle day. And a real pith helmet, in case any pith falls from the sky. The bags look like Civil War era, but they are actually made by a company in Minnesota. Bike is a Raleigh, tires are Vittoria Randonneur, 700 x 45. Almost a 29er. Notice the steel Major Taylor bars, and down tube shifters.

username hittin’ the road

Everything except the pith helmet seems pretty legit / spot on to me. But I’ve been known to have questionable tastes.

heh.

haz seatpost set forward, iz triathlete?

also, are those barcons being used as dt shifters?

sweet top tube pad, hipster.

lmao i saw this and blown mind X load combo

Uh… what?

gorss cos nasty

Can I start a petition against talking like a dumbass? It’s getting to the point where most of the threads are full of garbage.

iknorite.
i’ll sign dumb petition.

fuck yeah.

I like this thread. There may be weird things about the dudes bike and attire, but he’s got a badass beard and rode quite a distance on his bike. More power to him.

[quote=tjayk]
haz seatpost set forward, iz triathlete?

also, are those barcons being used as dt shifters?[/quote]

Word of advice. Don’t judge the bike savvy of a guy who just rode across a continent in December wearing a wool suit. It just isn’t becoming.

is that a black star bags tt pad?

Nope. No monocle.

I need to go to Elliot Bay Bikes more often.

the dude with the beard and all reminds of mortal kombat for some reason. lolz. rode through death valley. wtf.

[quote=Der Blaue Reiter]

Word of advice. Don’t judge the bike savvy of a guy who just rode across a continent in December wearing a wool suit. It just isn’t becoming.[/quote]

also remembered i’d seen one of those bikes in real life… they come set up pretty awesome, with those bars, leather tape, a brooks, fenders, etc and barcons, which that guy for some reason or another converted into DT shifters.

http://www.rei.com/product/784371?siteId=cjIsd2x-it3792&URL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rei.com%2Fproduct%2F784371&PID=3068689&AID=10456937&cm_mmc=CJ--Aff--3068689-_-10456937

toast and sandbagbear: put to shame