Tires?

There really isn’t a rubber compound that is going to stand up to skidding. The fact that you burned through a tire in 50 miles, even if an exaggeration, suggests that you are skidding a great deal.

Either learn to control your bike in a way that does not cook the rubber or stock up on the cheapest tires you can find.

[quote=barba]There really isn’t a rubber compound that is going to stand up to skidding. The fact that you burned through a tire in 50 miles, even if an exaggeration, suggests that you are skidding a great deal.

Either learn to control your bike in a way that does not cook the rubber or stock up on the cheapest tires you can find.[/quote]

agreed. if you go through a tire in 50 miles, you are not riding properly.

[quote=imoscardotcom][quote=barba]There really isn’t a rubber compound that is going to stand up to skidding. The fact that you burned through a tire in 50 miles, even if an exaggeration, suggests that you are skidding a great deal.

Either learn to control your bike in a way that does not cook the rubber or stock up on the cheapest tires you can find.[/quote]

agreed. if you go through a tire in 50 miles, you are having way more fun than any of us.[/quote]

Down with ever squares.
vittoria randonneur 700x28.
Or just stop skidding. That helps to.

[quote=zelah][quote=imoscardotcom][quote=barba]There really isn’t a rubber compound that is going to stand up to skidding. The fact that you burned through a tire in 50 miles, even if an exaggeration, suggests that you are skidding a great deal.

agreed. if you go through a tire in 50 miles, you are having way more fun than any of us.[/quote][/quote]

Nope. I have the most fun by riding fast. Having a brake makes you faster. Period.

The quicker you can stop, the more time you have for acceleration.

Ha, yeah, that place sucked…

[quote=GoodEyeSniper]Nope. I have the most fun by riding fast. Having a brake makes you faster. Period.

The quicker you can stop, the more time you have for acceleration.[/quote]

i understand the point you are trying to make, but this is essentially failed logic

Slowing down is negative acceleration (i.e. you are accelerating in the opposite direction). Therefore, because a brake stops you faster, you actually have less time for acceleration.

I feel that a brake definitely makes you faster though not physics related. I learned this the hard way. Less time worrying about whats going to happen if this car over here pulls out late or that light there turns red or if this person decides to cross the crosswalk when they arnt supposed to, more time worrying about going fast.

Physics win!

Having a brake means you can stop faster, which means you can spend more time going fast, and less time slowing down. It’s a basic principle often applied to race cars.

You know what else makes you faster? Multiple gears.

one testicle

So, did you fail highschool physics. Or is it just a case of the Mondays? LOL

Think about it this way. You spend LESS time/distance decelerating with a brake. Which in turn leaves you MORE time for acceleration. Jesus, it’s really not that difficult people.

Anyways, don’t wanna turn this into brake vs. brakeless debate. If you can handle brakeless without fucking running into me, or making a car swerve to avoid you and making THAT run into me. Good for you, I don’t give a shit. But for me, a measly two brakes will do.

I was a master of physices…best grade in a class of hundreds at Columbia U., one of the ten best colleges in the world…yes, the world…AKA Planet Earth.

Of course, I don’t know how I compare mentally to people on your planet.

But take if from a certified genius, you argument is too convoluted and non-tarck. Brakes slow you down. They don’t do much of anything else. Its really very simple. If you ride brakeless, you will spend about the same amount of time accelerating in the direction of travel, unless of course you accelerate at the same rate, but ride slower overall. But thats your choice, not the brakes. Furthermore you will spend less time negatively accelerating. So in total its less time accelerating. So what is your point again?

No, its physics. The only other alternative would be that it is magic, which it is not.

Seems to me you are arguing the physics when the answer is psychology.

Yes and yes. If it involves matter and/or energy, its physics, son.

this thread went to doo doo

It is a thread about tires and skidding. Doo doo in, doo doo out.