Today I got a flat...

…in front of a bike shop. Fuckers probably dumped glass all over the surrounding roads as a marketing scheme.

i belib it. did you have tools/tube with you? i was 10 miles from home w/o anything haha

This reminds me I need to get a new tool bag. I have been riding around with no tools or tube for like two months

bags r 4 pussies.
if you’re any good at all, you won’t even need tools while on the road.

thats just it there for when I am flying.

same shit happened to me few months back… right in front of a bike shop, i didn’t have any cash on me though :confused:

the guy from the shop was nice and told me not to worry about it
and he gave me a bag with an extra tube… such a cool dude!

…and what did you give him!!!

I got a flat in front of a shop once too. I sat on the curb right in front and took care of it, while they kept coming out asking why I didn’t just bring it in for them to fix.

i gave him a hug right before i took off and said thanks a ton!

i gave him a hug right before i took off and said thanks a ton![/quote]
<----- jealous :colbert:

I work on my own bike on the curb in front of the LBS all the time. It’s a two-man shop that stays pretty busy, so they don’t tend to mind.

There’s a shop around here that chains a repair stand out front for people to use while they’re open for business. Very cool.

just curious, which one was this?

this has happened to me too. the guys charged me $20 to fix it. and that’s why you should always take stuff to fix flats with you.

$20? if i had a shop id charge minimum of $50 for fixing a flat. force people how to do it themselves and be smart about being prepared

For sure ^ good idea.

this has happened to me too. the guys charged me $20 to fix it. and that’s why you should always take stuff to fix flats with you.[/quote]

That shop on 24th that’s not Frewwheelin’. Right off of Rio Grande. I can’t remember the name of the place though. They are right next door to the c-stop.

Great idea in theory. Unfortunately, most people would probably just throw their Mongoose Ultramega dual suspension MTB* in the back of their Dodge Caravans and take it to the shop that charges $20. Or, even worse, leave it with you.

[size=50]*with the newest in SHIMANO indexing 6 speed turbo grip shift technology![/size]

Thats pretty badass. Closest thing I have to that is the shop up the street leaves an air hose out 24/7 for free fill ups. Pretty nice if you don’t have a compressor or a pump.

There’s a shop in Greenlake that does that.

And there’s a shop right up the street from me that has a vending machine full of tubes/etc outside.

this has happened to me too. the guys charged me $20 to fix it. and that’s why you should always take stuff to fix flats with you.[/quote]

That shop on 24th that’s not Frewwheelin’. Right off of Rio Grande. I can’t remember the name of the place though. They are right next door to the c-stop.[/quote]

I think that’s Big wheel cycles. Or, ‘Al’s big wheel cycles’

Either way, they suck.