tubulars and pinch flats

my bike doesn’t fly

well get to work on a hovercraft bike then, lazy.

i lol’d.

btw, yall who get flats: GET WIDER TYRES!!

i just did a tarck century on the peugeot and loved every minute of it. i can go over rail road tracks and all that ish

i hate the feeling of low psi and top them off before every ride. i haven’t had a pinch flat in almost a 6 months. We don’t have horrible pot holes like u guys down here so i’m sure that helps too. I usually am able to avoid the potholes i do come across, and i f i can’t a get the front wheel off the ground at least. I do have railroad tarcks to go over but they have never given me a flat.

I’ve never ridden tubulars however so i know nothing of this “zen” u guys speak of. My only wish is that i could have a pump with me all the time that could get me back up to 120 psi mid ride.

one really bad week i had 6 flats in 5 days i think and each time was a new piece of glass…fuckingworstweekever.

and blicks, seriously, you shouldn’t get pinch flats that often. regardless of how shitty your roads are that’s weird.

Srsly. get one. has saved me atleast $20 over its life time

hwat guggles. said. fixin flat>replacin tewb. although, on the side of the road, id rather replace tube, and go jome and fix

[quote=guggles]Srsly. get one. has saved me atleast $20 over its life time

[IMG]http://www.nexternal.com/icycles/images/remakit.jpg[IMG][/quote]

I don’t see what that has to do with pinch flats and tubulars :colbert:

actually. i can fix a tube in only around 10min
its worth it to me.

well, i have a bunch of patched tubes. some i ride with. so i can swap and go.

I just rode my crosscheck up a set of shallow stairs (~4" rise, 20" run) and was sure i’d get a pinch flat, but I didn’t. 700*32 ftw!

thats teh size on mah peugeot. wider is better!

i’ve spent like… ten bucks on tires since june.

freebox FTW. i won’t be changing to tubular 'til i can find a freebox with a reliable supply of rideable tubulars.

(or, 'til i start caring enough about tires to buy them new)

I ain’t had a flat in forever. keep your pressure up and swap your tire out once you see thread, don’t run over nails, steer clear of fire.

I carry a spare tube and patch kit. Don’t get flats too often, but when I do I patch the flat, use my spare (which is usually a previously patched old tube), and then throw the recently patched tube in the bag as my new spare. I don’t know if it’s just psychological or what, but I feel better not using the tube i just patched.

I usually ride 19mm or 23mm tires

[quote=guggles]actually. i can fix a tube in only around 10min
its worth it to me.[/quote]

I can put a new tube in a clincher and inflate it with my frame pump in under three. Patching is what you do when you get home.

I once ran over one of those massive bolts that keeps railroad ties down…

on my motorcycle.

If I’m not slacking I can get a tube patched and reinstalled in less than ten, which is usually quick enough for me. Not that it’s really a big deal to carry a tube, for me it’s more that all the busted tubes I have at the moment have slow leaks I’m too lazy to find. Haven’t flatted in months though, so it hasn’t been a problem.