Vancouver Island tarck

New thread to discuss Vancouver Island stuffs. Local tarcketypes include catdrew and yours truly, both in Victoria. Are there others?

Yo bobbythehawk, lemme know what you’re planning in terms of coming over tomorrow. Are you riding on the ferry or taking a vehicle? How many people?

I wanna come ride out west. Maybe next may or June?

sorry for the delay, will be riding/ferry/solo as of right now, will sure up plans in a bit time wise. what works for you? maybe not-so-early?

hosting random french bike tour people is cool, but i gotta help him figure some shit out so he can keep on going into the USA

Back in the day, I rode Vancouver Island and part of the Chilcotin Coast before the Northshore-style took over. Some of my MTBros have ridden Nelson and the surrounding areas.

I’d like to head back into the area and see what is different after all these years.

In dis thread

I’m not on the island but live in the GVA. This week isn’t great for broing down due to my standard dad commitments, but i would definitely be into doing a south coast tarck meetup in the future.

I am free after about 3pm today

let me know if u wanna ride bobby, or I can meet you two after

I’ll be probably in Sidney during xmas. I’m flying instead of bolt bussing this year, and I’m trying to decide if I should bring a bike. I’ve never ridden in the area - worth it?

sidney sucks but the surrounding area is super nice. you are 15min ride from good riding atmo

we can ride if you bring a bike out for sure

Nice - looks like I’ll be there Dec 27 through January 2. Won’t have a tonne of free time, but having a bike will make it easier to get out and about.

i may or may not be around now that I think about it…

ryan will be for sure tho

I’d bring your bike though. The highlands are easy to access, and saltspring is a quick ferry trip for some climbing

I will be around for sure. I’m skeptical it’s worth bringing your bike by plane unless you’re staying for a good while, just cos hassle and cost. There is nice riding near Sidney but, for the most part, the first leg of Sidney riding involves heading for Victoria (more or less). Having a bike might give you more freedom and Victoria is where it’s at (vegan capital of Canada hello). I don’t know what you’re planning but this is the internet so I’m gonna say you should pack bikes, boyfriend and dog in a truck and just drive here.

also that

despite derping the ferry, I had a killer day of riding, including an extended hike-a-bike through the woods on cypress…the weather was spot on!

maybe next week?!!

We don’t know what Doug’s job situation is going to be like then, so it’s hard to make plans in advance. Plus, he may not be able to get into the country. :confused:

Looking at rentals, I wonder if it would be easier just to rent a kind of shitty road bike?

I posted in the “I’ll be in your city” thread, but I’ heading to Victoria (well, North Saanich) December 27 to January 2. Will have a road bike. Won’t have a whole lot of free time, but could definitely do a beer or a ride or something like that if anyone is around and into it.

Can anyone recommend any road routes? Anything from 30k and up would be great.

I’ll be back tomorrow and we can ride

What’s ur digits girl?

Y’all ride the earthquake?

bump

want to go camping on the (big or smaller) island this 27/28, or a cabin.

where should I go?