Vassago Fisticuff

Look at the Singular Peregrine. Same vein, only vertical drops with an EBB.

those dudes know what’s up. The Fisty is just trying to be the peregine, in my opinion.

wtf is on the crank arm in the pic zombie posted? a metal spindle?

-edit-
nm - looks like a profile view of those skinny crankbros platforms.

I was going to post a Peregrine but got beaten to it. I’m still thinking of converting my crosscheck to front disc using a peregrine fork.

Mander what bike do you run fixed?

Edit: #protestwordfilters

Maybe I’m wrong, but the fisti has front rack mounts too. No EBB though.

Edit: #protestwordfilters

I just want to say that I think far too much emphasis is put on “fancy” steels, when all of us would be hard-pressed to notice the difference between “generic” 4130 and whoever’s branded 4130.

Agreed, but that frame is still a little pricey.

[quote=“crushkilldestroy”]Look at the Singular Peregrine. Same vein, only vertical drops with an EBB.

[/quote]

WANT

Singular gets the fender mounts right, out of the way of the discs:

An old and nice Columbus Marinoni with the brazeons hacked off. sigh My crosscheck is better suited than it in almost every way for my day to day commuting and LD riding, but it’s a really fun frame to ride.

I’m really not sure what’s keeping someone from building a 531 crosscheck-type frame. Not that 4130/ 520 isn’t fine for me, I just hear from bike nerd friends that 531 gets the flex just right, is super zen, etc.

From what I’ve read, most current day generic 4130 tubing is stronger and lighter than 531 (which is no longer in production), and unlike 531, almost all of today’s 4130 can be TIG’ed.

Bike nerd wax nostalgic about 531 because it was the material used in their golden-days.

Ohhhhh-thanks for clearing that up bonechilling!

[Edited for correct b-tarckist]

wat.

bikesdirect needs to rip something like this off.

Oh man, I couldn’t agree more. If they did this in chrome like the Jury, I would shit myself. Someone email Mikes Direct and tell him.