velodromes and you

dang. hellyer tarck meet? i can pick u up. i haz a biek rack for teh yazz

caltrain>solbros.

COLE TRAIN?!

I just need some drops and I’m good to go. Take caltrain I’ll meet u at the station

fuck yall. in teh ass

I need to get to Hellyer.

or drive. i missed the bike rack comment.

in that case, sup girl

[quote=“jamey”]i haven’t yet but there is an express bus to Boulder that takes 25mins but i’m just kinda nervous to have Boulder “pop my cherry”

[/quote]

I want to ride that so badly. I’m jealous that anyone is 25 miles away and incredulous that you’re not there right now.

I’ve not been to Hellyer, but I’ve raced at a few tracks around the country and I don’t think there’s anything you need to be scared of. Based on what I’ve seen at the “intro to track” days at my local velodrome, these days nearly everyone there is the street-riding hipster type, so you’ll probably fit right in (presumptuous, I know). And if Hellyer is like my velodrome, then expect to be destroyed in the 4/5 field by a bunch of elite college dudes who have to race 4/5s before they can upgrade.

Haha yeah I remember this happening to me one night. Me and another guy spent a good 25 laps chasing what we later found out to be a cat 2 roadie would had gained a half lap lead the lap after first sprint lap on a 30 lap points race. He got upgraded on the spot.

And yeah OP, man up and go out. Racing track is good times and worlds away from anything you’ve done on the street. Also, that Boulder velodrome looks like so much fun it should be illegal.

I can’t wait for track season this year… road racing is merely going to be a supplement/substitute.

The track bike or not all depends on the track itself. The new Boulder, Forest City, and Bloomer all do not allow road bikes. Track bikes only since all are on the steeper side compared to some of the mellow 'dromes around.

Bloomer is my local track, and I finally made the hour drive to ride it. I will definitely be back to ride it again in the spring. It was a little nerve racking when you are up on the track and coming into your first turn and see what looks like a wall in front of you (Bloomer is 44 degrees in the corners). And, then you are saying to yourself, “I am supposed to ride on THAT!” I took a beginner track class and the instructor said the first time out will be the toughest. The next time out it will be 50% easier. Then the third time out 50% easier and so on. He was 100% correct. After a few times out just doing some laps you get over the jitters in no time. I even had the confidence to hop in the paceline for some laps toward the end of the riding day.

If anyone in the Seattle area wants to do a Marymoor meet up and roll around I live right up the street and need to get off my ass, switch out my bars, big chainring and ride!

Aye track is super fun. I’ve only done it here in San Diego but it’s a nice track. I’m going to be racing most, if not every Tuesday night this season.

But I guess I need to get a track bike pretty soon.

let me know when. I’ll drive up and put on some drops. Gas is cheap these days, and its an hour and twenty to get there.

This is less than 2 kms from my flat
I’ve only ridden there once and that was a half lap at the end at a 40 km race a long time ago.
I think the riders there are snobs with spandex n whatnot but maybe i’ll have a look when they race again.

[quote=“zorroe”]
I think the riders there are snobs with spandex n whatnot but maybe i’ll have a look when they race again.

[/quote]

Ha. :colbert:

[quote=“zorroe”]This is less than 2 kms from my flat
I’ve only ridden there once and that was a half lap at the end at a 40 km race a long time ago.

[/quote]
i like the wheel pattern going on there.