Vintage Fuji build.

Wow. Definitely what I wasn’t expecting from a “vintage Fuji build” thread.

My vote goes for a mix of Suntour/DA and fucking definitely Arayas. Like, anything other than Araya would be just lame.

For some inspiration on the build. Here is an 84’ Fuji track bike I bought and parted out two years ago. It had a Nitto bar stem, Sugino post, BB, Sugino Super Mighty crankset, Sansin Pro Training hubs to Wolber tubular rims, and Wolber tubies. It was a sweet bike, but only 8cm too small for me.

if THAT is 8cm too small, bigmatt must be big

I’m gonna go with DA. I just gotta find some nice cranks and rims.

Paul Components, and Oury/bartape dog penis combo on the drops.

please dont put veeps on it! pretty pleaseeeeeeee

[quote=“kyle!”]Wow. Definitely what I wasn’t expecting from a “vintage Fuji build” thread.

My vote goes for a mix of Suntour/DA and fucking definitely Arayas. Like, anything other than Araya would be just lame.[/quote]

Alright, now I’ve the line on some Araya rims, but I’m worried about riding tubulars. I’ll end up riding this bike quite a bit, any other solutions?

+1

Araya made clinchers too.

Araya makes clincher rims as well, they’re just not as widely available.

Yeah I can’t seem to find any. I’ll have to check with a guy I know in Japan. I’ve got the following parts already lined up.

DA vintage seatpopst
DA vintage stem for 26.0 bars
DA bottom bracket
DA 36hole fixed fixed hubs
Nitto 26.0 RB-018 bullhorns
Nitto B-123AA Drops

I need some cranks and a ring a saddle and some 36h rims (Araya).

no suntour? :colbert:

That bike is going to be HOT.

[quote=“bigmatt”]For some inspiration on the build. Here is an 84’ Fuji track bike I bought and parted out two years ago. It had a Nitto bar stem, Sugino post, BB, Sugino Super Mighty crankset, Sansin Pro Training hubs to Wolber tubular rims, and Wolber tubies. It was a sweet bike, but only 8cm too small for me.

[/quote]

The model I bought is an 84 too. It was made to celebrate Mark Gorski winning the 84 Olympic sprints.

[quote=“pirate”]no suntour? :colbert:

That bike is going to be HOT.[/quote]

a bit harder to find, I’ll have enough trouble with the rims. But it comes with a suntour BB, I’ll leave that alone for a while.

I bet you could fine some nice old Arayas laced to road hubs or something. It would take some patience.

Or just fake it and get some Open Pros.

I’m looking at some Araya TR-712 rims in Japan. Not vintage but, not veeps either. 21mm deep and 17mm wide. I’ll most likely run those.

ITT, hanjin’s wife shits herself at how much money he’s spending on the Fuji.

EDIT: http://njsframes.blogspot.com/2008/12/a … a-ace.html

[quote=“m4bandit”]ITT, hanjin’s wife shits herself at how much money he’s spending on the Fuji.

EDIT: http://njsframes.blogspot.com/2008/12/a … a-ace.html[/quote]

It won’t be that bad.

I just got an entire Dura Ace 10mm track setup 165mm cranks 48tooth ring, two DA high flange hubs laced to Mavic open pros for 300.00!! SCORE!!! Now that’s vintage!!