Weird Build Dithering Thread Infinity: Part 2

You can tap the bolt into rivnuts to straighten them and get them out

forget this bike–you know what you have to do :wink:

1 Like

I have a straight steerer full carbon QR disc fork in this lengthway that is superlight and supple, was originally a Ritchey design for 26" MTB XC weenie bikes that I got as a later open mold item

it is completely zit-free, the only holes are the disc tab

2 Likes

If pubes passes I might be into this thing

1 Like

If this is the 26" disc fork abandonment thread, I’m looking for something that’s 430-440, 9/8, QR, disc, with an uncut steerer tube.

In return, I will reveal that Kona sells a very nice TA 430mm fork: Search Results fork | KONA PARTS

If you can go 440mm Carver imports a bondomatic carbon fork in various steerers and dropouts: Bikeman: Carver Bikes Carbon MTB Fork XC 440, Straight 15 x 100

@BicyclePears
From my olde selling stuff post.

$60 Toseek chinacarbon full carpet fiber rigid carbon fork, Q/R. 1-1/8" straight 300mm steerer. 420mm A-C. 380mm axle center to underside of crown. 72mm wide between the legs. Stainless steel dropout faces. Post mount disc brake. Thru-hole at fork crown.

1 Like

i would need a thru axle fork because the wheels i would be using are 100/142.

but really im not sure if i like the frame enough to buy a bunch of components to build up a mediocre bike.

i do not care for this dither chat. it makes me say my bad ideas out loud and realize that what i want isnt what i want.

will probably just buy a kona topstone.

4 Likes

I have two bikes. The heavy bike has 2x & fenders the light bike has 1x. If you were to put some smaller, more roadie, tires on on of the bikes would it be the lighter one, or the heavier one with road gears that I ride more and could get away with 32s on?

That’s not enough bikes Emory

5 Likes

Well I have 4 but the other ones are fixies and they don’t need new tires.

[also lmao at the trash can with a Santa hat]

3 Likes

Sounds a lot like you need a third (or possibly fourth) bike.

Edit: fifth or sixth.

2 Likes

The sad thing is: while I like how my steel bike (heavy) looks, the aluminum one (light) rides racier and is stiffer which when ya boil it down I think I value more in a bike.

If the aluminum bike could fit fenders I think it could be my one and only bike.

Blasphemy!

3 Likes

I have only one bike and I kinda like it that way. No options, no choices that need to be made, no decisions. If I want to ride I grab my bike and ride it.

I think I’ll stick with the 1 Bike Life

4 Likes

i know someone who could build you a pretty sw8 aluminum bike with the desired characteristics for a pretty damned reasonable price

1 Like

this is the better candidate for smaller road tires, and put 32s or whatever the max you can fit is on the other one

NOT BEFORE MINE

1 Like

I’ve often thought about paring back my stable but never make any progress. I can see the appeal of only having one but I don’t think its for me.

3 Likes

I think your squid is a way better choice for smaller tires than the lib fab. Racier, less luggage, etc.

Less tools, less (or no) parts hoarding - I miss having a single bike as much as I enjoy having too many bikes. I’m going to end up back at 1 Bike Life eventually, I can see it on the horizon.

2 Likes

TY for the 2¢.

There is a romantic thing about one bike isn’t there? No choices. No dithering. Just going for a ride.

2 Likes