what 6 years of waiting for custom paint gets you (blast from the brianforums past)

If memory serves, he’s the same US guy I dealt with. It did take a long time but the work was excellent and actually cost less than half what I would have paid in Australia. So I can’t bad mouth him even though it was a bit frustrating for a while there.

name names or gtfo.

My powder coater takes a week to turn over a frame. Spectrum turns over frames for Carl in a few weeks, which includes shipping to Colorado.

pcad is fine, i see him every week. i’m going to sell him a new scott foil with di2.

its pretty fucking frustrating that i know who “pcad” is

would smang pcadette.

The bike in the OP didn’t even need to be painted.

Who painted for Colnago back in the day?

I wonder what his wait times were?

Fucking chroming takes forever.

Amen?

two days to chrome a bike here in LA. a week for powder coat. i’m about 5 weeks into a projected 9 week wait for wet paint on my 650B trek.

a friend ordered a touring bike from a “famous framebuilder/painter” in 2005. supposedly is going to be ready this month, lol.

See that’s kind of the thing. After seven years I would have a hard time giving the slightest fuck anymore. When I mail order shit I’m usually not even that excited by the time it arrives to me, and that’s from fucking Jenson who get their shit to you almost always within 36 hours of placing your order

Wow. Get me into leaving my job, learning to paint, and charging 150% of the normal rate, but delivering on time.

fuck painting. you wanna die of RARE CNCR ? start painting for a living

1. get a booth
  2. get some cans
  3. listen exclusively to classic rock
  4. start having audible conversations with yourself
  5. ???
  6. profit

The dude at the autobody supply shop is really cool. Pretty sure he ain’t gonna live to be very old, though.

spend 20 years learning to do it well/great, then you can charge what you want

aka go spray for maaco for a while then see if you want to do it.

This very hard. Fuck waiting multiple years for a goddamn bike. I love bikes and all, but it’s just a goddamn bike. An object. A thing to own that enables us to do the things we love.

TC: by the time the Traffic showed up, I had waited like 6 months and I was hardly interested anymore. Fortunately, that subsided once I built the thing up and rode it.

Painters the mad hatters of the 21st century?

true story on the cancers for painter bros

3 months for the davidson
was excited to get once i knew it was close to finished
other parts i order…yeah i’m usually like whatever when they arrive

who is this awesome US painter that keeps frames for years?

Davidson does rad reenactment paint work. I’m not sure what their turnaround is on that type of thing but I have a feeling it ain’t years.