what 6 years of waiting for custom paint gets you (blast from the brianforums past)

^ was gonna mention that but didn’t…

Yeah, this. Spectrum took four weeks total on Snowaguchi, and that includes some time off for them being closed over New Years.

Speaking as someone who IS a somewhat crazy tortured designer, by a certain age you need to learn how to compartmentalize the crazy, and also keep up appearances. Like, for example, I needed to really go off ‘into the woods’ to work on a bunch of forward-thinking stuff for work. While I was lucid, I canceled all my meetings, put a WFH/OOO message on my email, pinged the few people that would be surprised by my absence, then completely disappeared into a black hole. Five years ago, I wouldn’t have done the due diligence beforehand and pissed a lot of people off. I learned that lesson the hard way.

[quote=cookietruck]^ was gonna mention that but didn’t…

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8379107@N03/sets/72157623370121999/[/quote]

^ lololol

1. get a booth
  2. get some cans
  3. listen exclusively to classic rock
  4. start having audible conversations with yourself
  5. ???
  6. profit[/quote]

The wife spent a summer working at a fancy PDX paint shop and the painters were all pretty nice and pretty far out there, maaan. I think that the guidelines used for protection from toxic fumes don’t really protect all that well, and to be honest sometimes people just ignore them. I’m glad she worked at the blasting cabinet next to the open door instead of in the paint booth. Also, the owners didn’t really want to to invest in proper equipment, either for safety or production.

this

this[/quote]

Yup. I did finishing for a few years. I started off always using a mask and whatnot, but then started finding myself just running in real quick for small things without a respirator. I’d never go in the booth for a longtime without protection, but those small things add up. After I quit, I realized just how weird my throat had started feeling “normally”.

I remember reading about his bike all the time in bf days… seemed like cool guy… took rad photos of his shit.

[quote=cookietruck]true story on the cancers for painter bros
[/quote]
TC: Shit i worry about being a paint formulator/ R&D person. Here’s hoping my respirator and PPE doesn’t fail me.