what bike should I build? I need help

I have a new job that comes with several perks that have convinced me I should build a new bike. $400 voucher to any local bike shop, a QBP account, and full time on staff bike mechanic that can do everything. Basically I can build a bike for a lot cheaper than I would otherwise be able to. I’m just not sure what to build.

I have two bikes currently, a 1985 specalized stumpjumper that is basically a basket townie bike and a custom built columbus SL ultralight dandy foppish rando rig. 650b x 48, honjo fenders, rando rack, dyno lighting, etc Althought I have ridden mellow single track and some technical trails on it I was massively underbiking.

I’m thinking a more dedicated gravel/adventure bike might be the move. I’d eventually like to do stuff like midsouth and some adventure touring. Considering the Sklar Super Something, Endpoint Night Moves, or maybe a Romanceur. Any advice or wisdom is much appreciated.

1 Like

That something seems cool but there are two trackers who own bike companies that make comparable but cooler bikes.

1 Like

having read the ad copy on the nite moves id expect it to be a road slayer first, groad slayer second.

maybe something flat bar like a surly bridge club would be cromulent

1 Like

Endpoint NightMoves. Duh.

7 Likes

It’s certainly what I would do if I were in the market.

1 Like

Wouldn’t either of the other two make more sense?

1 Like

One day if I get my life together or find a good enough justification I’d like a endpoint

1 Like

I just ordered a ritchey outback breakaway for the same type of thing. I don’t have it yet so I can’t give an experienced pitch for it but it’s what I settled on for my off-road/travel/camping bike. Ritchey ascent or Fairlight secan or crust evasion might be good options, if not one of the other endpoints.

1 Like