What did the bike mess thread get renamed to? / post your bike dungeon

I like how the walls are lined in plastic sheeting like a scene from dexter. Is there something you are not telling us

2 Likes

The windows are covered in newspaper

looks like a grow house tbh

not picture

alfoil ceiling

I’m really bad at tire milk

2 Likes

2 Likes

Was curious how well those smiley pedal hooks would be interchangeable between bike to bike, didn’t consider difference in pedals.

oh wow, those look fantastic! and cheap!

I need to open up one of them so I can fit the platform pedals in all the way, and then I’ll need to move the wheel supports…

Definitely best if you don’t swap pedals between bikes and like to keep your bikes in the same spot every time you hang them. They take up a ton of wall space but it’s so nice not having my bikes stick out into the garage like they used to.

Here’s the bike/car/wood mess in the garage:

Going from a one bdrm apartment to having a huge garage last year felt like adding a huge amount of space. And now it’s already full :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Finally organized the bicycle storage area of my new apartment. Can’t believe I never hung this “bicycle lifting” artwork by Kaleb Hunkele (close friend that lived behind my house growing up) next to my bicycle hanging area prior to now.

5 Likes

I’m going to miss my garage mess. With the automatic roller, I guess I’m going to have to buy a shed now, my new place has an open barn.

2 Likes

After another pedal swap I’m over these stupid pedal hook things, anyone want them? Great for those that hate to dither.

I’m making another pass at cleaning up my bike mess. The in progress situation is terrifying:

2 Likes

Burial chamber

2 Likes

That would take me months to clean up. I wish you luck!

Holy fuck

Fortunately a lot of this crap is empty cardboard boxes (and cutoffs from frames & racks) which just needs to be carried out to recycling. The rest is what happens to me when a thin layer of debris gets piled into heaps for sorting (while, at the same time, building up some frames, forks, and racks)

Wanting to get bikes off of the floor in the garage and planning to hang them on either side of the garage doors (drive-thru tandem garage with doors on each end, bikes hung in the corners, pic here). First thoughts are using these hooks attached to 2x10s so I’m not locked into the underlying structure for hook positioning, with another 2x10 lower on the wall so the lower tire doesn’t chew up the wall.

Are these worth the premium over a regular screw-in hook?

Does tarck have any better ideas?

Forgot about these PRO hooks as another option that will swallow up to a 3" tire from what I’m reading.