What did you do to your crosscheck today?

Tarcklebee for matchy match, if we had a jersey we’d retire your number.

7 Likes

new tyres on this turd

13 Likes

nice rack and cranks tho

1 Like

this bike is an anti “squirrel build”

11 Likes

@Andrew_Squirrel what light is that that you have attached to your helmet? Interest is high in going in this direction for a support light, and all of mine are tall branch catchers.

1 Like

Same. So annoyed IT is blocking Flickr at work now.

1 Like

@Andrew_Squirrel, you are a treasure.

1 Like

Danke.

Reading through that spreadsheet and searching items I’m not familiar with is teaching me a lot of excellent niche bike nerdery. Thanks @Andrew_Squirrel !

1 Like

ATMO I have that light too and it has limitations. It provides a great diffuse glow of light in all directions and is good for like stopping to look at a map, cooking at camp, or reading in a tent. It puts out enough light that multiple people can use it and it is very lightweight.

But it has very little throw distance, so using it to see things while riding a bike at any speed above walking didn’t work for me. Also because the light is so unfocused it hits everything nearby. I could hardly see a deer in my side yard with it, because the light was bouncing so much off tree branches and leaves that were close to me that I couldn’t see the animal standing 10ft. beyond the tree trunk. It sort of either killed any night vision I had but also didn’t throw enough light beyond the trunk, hope that makes sense.

1 Like

2nd this experience with it being fairly useless for a “see stuff” light. But also has the surprising characteristic of being blinding to everyone around, squarely fits in the be-seen-but-dazzling category

1 Like

I love squirrel bikes but this is more MY style

2 Likes

Huh, guess I’ll go back to my original plan of buying another Petzl rechargeable headlamp and figure out a ziptie mount.

1 Like

I like this one:

https://flashlight.nitecore.com/product/nu25

1 Like

That’s all my bikes lol

put a cyo and toplight on my wife’s townie bike, she acknowledged it’s more for my peace of mind than hers but it’s still worth it

1 Like

Lubed freehub.
Cleaned drivetrain.
Installed fresh, Smoove-treated chain.

SOSM OOTH

3 Likes

I think all of us have at least one @Kryptotal_Bogan bike, wish we had at least one @Andrew_Squirrel bike, but respect both equally.

7 Likes

Finally fixed the ancient lone peak panniers I bought for $2 from the vashon island thrift store almost ten years ago:

Added the new plastic lock-on hooks and moved the bungie down.

10 Likes

Did a bmx race. Rode someone’s current bmx bike and it made my 15 yo bike feel like garbage.

Got to thinking I don’t need a ride bike.

6 Likes