What did you do to your crosscheck today?

is pubes = biek?

1 Like

That would be the most elaborate sock puppet scheme ever.

7 Likes

Got this one buttoned up, just waiting on purple bottle cages, hopefully they look ok

New tires
New shifters
New brakes
New bar tape

17 Likes

Bought a headset for the Mulo. And bartape. Hope to grab the remaining necessaries next month.

1 Like

Which fork are you going to run?

LOL that’s the best part, an Enve Adventure fork

1 Like

Quickly converted my 3x9 to a toe shifting 2x1. Will be my shitter bike for wet commutes, and locking up in the city, but will still be able to take in off-road commutes. 42/22 - 18. Need some slow release skewers and seat clamp and I’m good to go .

11 Likes

That thing rules

2 Likes

This is tnhe “I wish I hadnt sold my yeti post”

7 Likes

Put an M785 crank purchased from Jimmy and a new bottom biscuit on the winter ruiner yesterday. The chainline got pushed out further than expected, but that should be fine. The old chainline was probably narrower than I thought. Also tried putting on a low-clamp mtn pusher only to not have the fender get in the way. The CX70 pusher will have to do until it’s warm enough in the garage to mess with other pusher options to free up that for a nicer bike.

1 Like

I’m going to put an ultegra 8000 series fd on my sport touring bike to deal with the general mess of cable run and arm swing around a fender.

It’s the first time I’ve had a mechanical challenge that would actually be solved with wireless electronic shifting. Gonna go spend $2500 on a Force group to set my fenderline, making all other fender dithers throughout history seem reasonable by comparison

3 Likes

That might be one of the options I mess with. There’s one in my bin that was on this frame back when it was a drop bar bike. Wondering now how it might work with a 34 YO friction thumbie…

3 Likes

probably fine! There’s a lot of on-component adjustability with the 8000 fd, I’ve had good luck just yeehawing my way into getting them to shift well

Waxyboi

6 Likes

Finally installed the freelock thing on my Bullitt.

Also wiped it down a little. Thing was *filthy *

8 Likes

Bobcheck

22 Likes

Added sealant for the first time in 4-6 mo. Should really replace the rear tire but too lazy today.

Rattle canned my new CETMA rack purple

10 Likes

I can think of at least one Softride it would look GREAT on

6 Likes

past few weekends:

Took a week of soaking in PB Blaster but I finally got the BB out of the orange beater.

You’d think I would have learned after the last time I had to do this a little over 7 years ago, but I apparently completely neglected to grease or antiseize the BB threads when this BB went in. At least I got it out cleanly instead of resorting to the hacksaw like last time

It’s going to be going to 2x11 with an XTR FC-M985 crankset - mixing and matching the stock chainring options to get a 44/28 combo - and an 11-42 cassette on the back end.

Built some wheels. BTLOS M-i25 26" rims, Sapim D-Light spokes and brass doublesquare nips. DT350 rear hub and a SON Delux up front. These are going on a Romanceür.

Helped my friend rebuild her second-hand Seven, going from rim brakes/700C x 25/3x9 to wet discs/650Bx38/2x11

customer request was “carbon fork” (non-negotiable) and “cagro zits”, frame requirement is “9/8 inch steerer”, which painted us into a bit of a corner. No one really makes road-length carbon utility forks; this Genesis CGR1 fork is probably 20-30mm longer than the stock Seven fork. Ultimately I think it’s going to work out fine because A) she wanted to raise her bars, B) she usually rides with massive saddle setback, so this should reduce the need for that (maybe we can get rid of that “bent” thomson), and C) it should mitigate dropping the BB height with the smaller wheels.

Caletti down in Santa Cruz did great work putting a disc tab on, and did some rear rack mounts at the dropouts while we were at it. We probably shouldn’t run this 160mm rear disc though, I think this is a 140mm-only rear end… not a big issue as she is a VERY small and lightweight human.

12 Likes