What the **** did I just do

/slowclap

That’s goddamn marvelous.

Another in “I’m an idiot in tubeless land”.

I finally got this wheel set up tubeless using the ghetto tubeless method and it was kind of a PITA to get inflated, but eventually did and hooray. Then I realized I needed more sealant and would effectively have to redo my work.

So I says to myself “Self, I have an idea. Let’s take this giant glue syringe with a large gauge needle, fill it up with sealant, plunge it into the tire, and then inject the sealant. When I pull it out, the sealant will fill the hole and the wheel will have the extra sealant it needs Genius!”

Sitting in my living room I get everything ready. Sit on the edge of my couch, wheel between my feet. Syringe prepped and ready with sealant. Let’s do this.

It’s much harder than expected, and I can’t hold the plunger without squirting it all over the place. So I’m holding the body and working it into the tire…

BOOSH!

I breach the tire, the air pressure immediately blows the plunger back out of the syringe and douches me in sealant.

And my tire goes flat.

The end.

applause.gif

Lol

I started laughing before I even got to the good part.

How do you have so many of these?

Zach Galifianakis - Cant Tell Me Nothin by workprint

So good

This may belong in BiekshopLulz thread, but fits here too

One day a guy in a wheelchair came into the shop, needing a replacement tire. Sure, no problem! I got him a chair, took off the offending wheel and set about trying to get the tire off.

It was tight. Like, really tight. “It’s got a solid tube in it, I was sick of getting flats” guy says. Great. Plastic levers did nothing. Broke them. Metal core levers did nothing. Broke those too. The giant Park metal levers did nothing. Dented the rim’s sidewall. OK, only way to do this is to cut the bead. Grab some cable cutters and snip. Still not enough. Bastard is tight. Finally say F’IT, and cut the tire all the way off, from bead to bead. Tire falls off. Great, right?! I go to grab new tire, off the shelf…

We were out of wheelchair tires.

O.0

holy shit syringe sealant story is incredible.

oof. How’d you solve that?

[quote=tehschkott]Another in “I’m an idiot in tubeless land”.

I finally got this wheel set up tubeless using the ghetto tubeless method and it was kind of a PITA to get inflated, but eventually did and hooray. Then I realized I needed more sealant and would effectively have to redo my work.

So I says to myself “Self, I have an idea. Let’s take this giant glue syringe with a large gauge needle, fill it up with sealant, plunge it into the tire, and then inject the sealant. When I pull it out, the sealant will fill the hole and the wheel will have the extra sealant it needs Genius!”

Sitting in my living room I get everything ready. Sit on the edge of my couch, wheel between my feet. Syringe prepped and ready with sealant. Let’s do this.

It’s much harder than expected, and I can’t hold the plunger without squirting it all over the place. So I’m holding the body and working it into the tire…

BOOSH!

I breach the tire, the air pressure immediately blows the plunger back out of the syringe and douches me in sealant.

And my tire goes flat.

The end.[/quote]

Doug instructed me to post this:

god dammit I fucking love Pulp Fiction. I know there are Taratino haters out there but fuck them, that’s an amazing film.

I’m sure I have lots of embarrassing bike stories but I think I’ve repressed most of them.

back in 2008 when I decided I needed to convert a bike to fixie to go fast and look cool, I went to the bike shop on campus when they were having a yearly sale. bought a track hub and asked for a cog and lockring. they were out of cogs but had a lockring in a little baggie. I tore the 27" steel wheel apart, ordered spokes from a local shop (I now get why they were apprehensive to order spokes for me since I was now about $100 into a steel 27" wheel). Spent a couple hours getting it laced together while reading sheldon’s thing on it. put on the cog I got from the spoke shop, went to put on the lockring but couldn’t figure out how to mount it. couldn’t find anything to put a wrench or pliers on to tighten it either. ended up buying one off ebay that was compatible, put the lockring back in its baggie and threw it in a box with the parts i stripped off.

Last year I was cleaning up and found that box of parts. Turns out they sold me a single cassette spacer.

Oh, also ended up working at the shop that cut spokes for me, found my old customer file with the spoke order from 4 years prior, and under notes it just said “for steel rim to track hub build? customer accepted responsibility for building, want nothing to do with this”

Lol that note!

:bear::bear::bear:

[quote=tehschkott]Another in “I’m an idiot in tubeless land”.

BOOSH!

And my tire goes flat.

The end.[/quote]

This is one of those “I thought of everything except for one important step” moments.