Where’s the winter cycling thread?

That’s awesome.

NICE

just put some ATV pogies on my hybrid, looking forward to this winter rain to go away

Yeah this rain is bullshit.

wow spiked tires with aggressive treads suck if you’re in a hurry

but it was nice not having to be hypeaware of every road surface

Bought some Rockbros Bar Mitts knockoffs for $16 on eBay, and I am loving every minute of them. They have turned my 850 Fredsled into my favorite bike.

2 Likes

Kinda want to try making custom color pogies, I think about it every time I walk by the scrap neoprene bin at Seattle Fabrics.

1 Like

Snowed a tiny bit here recently so my fun bikes were obsolete long enough to really face how much maintenance my snow bike needs.

I didn’t do it and then it rained so I’m back to procrastinating any sort of dirty bike work.

I need like a whole weekend to fix all the stuff I’ve been putting off.

Got my nerd helmet yesterday! Works great in stinging snow/sleet!

Claimed weight: 296g
Actual weight: 459g
LOL

6 Likes

Five Ten Freerider EPS high shoes are my jam. I go up a half-size to allow for slightly thicker (wool) socks and more wiggle room.

1 Like

I can’t tell if I hate it or not

I kind of like it, unless you put a mirror on it.

looks p good.
sexy version of the bern + ski goggle combo i did for a couple years

I can’t do ski goggles. They kill my peripheral vision and hearing and make me feel like I’m riding in an isolation bubble in a scary way. I’m sure they’d be fine for fatbiking out in the country or something, but in the city they scared the crap out of me.
This helmet visor thing is pretty fun. Snapping it back into its retracted position makes me feel like a fighter pilot or something. I haven’t had any issues with it fogging up except when I retract it and redeploy it, but that clears almost instantly. I feel like Kali helmets run real big and I wish I’d gotten an M instead of an L.

Will be interested in the fog report with colder weather. I’d be worried that I couldn’t keep my face warm enough and still have good fog clearing.
I hate goggles but somewhere around 8 degrees F I just can’t tolerate having face skin exposed.

I hate and love spiked tires.

Is there a solution where you can cover your face and still wear glasses? Last year when it was in the -17 range for a while I had to just take my glasses off and let my eyes freeze shut every time I blinked them

Why did I move here

2 Likes

does it feel like you could wear normal eyeglasses underneath it successfully?

What does it look like from the side?

Yep:

Side view:

7 Likes

So ridiculous, I love it.

Honestly I like it. Looks better than I expected