Winter Cycling 08/09

Yeah, it’s not really winter here in SF but the rainy season. Although I built myself an SS full fender bike for it this year about 2 months ago now and I think I cursed us, there’s only been a couple of very light sprinkly days since. I actually want it to piss down so as to justify the fenders and get a few more of those fair weather folks of the roads and MBP’s. This is always my favorite time of year to ride.

im really bummed i dont have my mountainbike anymore. i was looking forward to riding on snow

Maybe you can borrow Pedro’s Sledgehammer?

We don’t get much winter here. Just lows in the 40’s, maybe 30’s (like this coming weekend), and maybe a it more rain. Anything below 50 and I cry all the way home.

you and MIN should start a bourgeoisie group ride… i mean, good thing you live in ATL.

HTFU

Seriously. You think it’s cold in Atlanta?

I need to get some fenders so that I don;t repeat last winter and have cold feet and ankles form slush splashing up on them.

I use these:

[quote=“kjohnnytarr”]I use these:

[/quote]

Those army surplus?

yeah, from the ebay.

i bought some arm warmers in the spring that turned out to be too big so now i just wear two sweaters. winter here is lows in the 30s and 40s.

Ha.
That ain’t winter guys.
-45 degree wind chills.
That’s winter.

My winter can beat up your winter.

Come on up here for a while.
A good cold Minnesota winter will put some hair on your chest.

it just gets coldish here, it was snowing yesterday though

[quote=“FarAwayBoy”]Ha.
That ain’t winter guys.
-45 degree wind chills.
That’s winter.[/quote]

Fuck, I hope that mess stays in Minnesota.

[quote=“FarAwayBoy”]Come on up here for a while.
A good cold Minnesota winter will put some hair on your chest.[/quote]

Damn. This is my 24th Minnesota winter. Still no hair on the chest. Am I doing something wrong?

It’s like 40f and dry here. Very bikeable weather IMO with a little wool.

I like those cold winter mornings where it’s like 25-30, I can see my breathe in the air and I’m toasty on arrival to my destination while everyone else is freezing.