Yo Austin, Tx!

[quote=“conor”]unrelated to austin: i think i saw you riding down oliver on your landshark today. or did i imagine this?

note: i’m from boston, too.[/quote]

yea that was me. it was her maiden voyage today.

How hilly is Austin?
I mean, I didn’t mess much in the 90’s, but I’m a pretty strong rider. Maybe even a stand up guy.

[quote=“xylophonecks”]How hilly is Austin?
I mean, I didn’t mess much in the 90’s, but I’m a pretty strong rider. Maybe even a stand up guy.[/quote]

depends… downtown, not so much. out by the lake, texas hill country.

[quote=“xylophonecks”]How hilly is Austin?
I mean, I didn’t mess much in the 90’s, but I’m a pretty strong rider. Maybe even a stand up guy.[/quote]

It has it’s moments, but over all it is not that bad…

Ok, I’m going to be making a trip out there soon to soak all this in. What’s the best fall/winter month to visit? Weather and bike race wise.

come to the race on OCT 26th…weather will be nice for it…not to hot, not to cold

come right now. it feels awesome outside. and since it’s not hot anymore, everyone is in a better mood. and stay for les’ race.

I’m taking this advice and am probably going to come out right after new years and stay 'til I run out of cash or get bored.

If I were to do this race I’d do it on my track bike because, no one would expect me to win, so if I lost, it’s fine because it’s expected, and if by some miracle I win, I become the most awesome person ever…

imagine if someone were to do it with no brakes!!! That’s like, mad bitches!!

I think I’m going to be doing the race brakeless. Not sure yet. I’m doing the denton alley cat the night before too

not saying you can’t do the race fixed or brakeless…just saying might be easier on you. Hell right now I don’t even have a geared bike, so all the races I have been in recently have been fixed. You can do whatever you want. If you are coming in from out of town, then you might just win first out of towner

Wait is there anything going on in the next 2 weeks in Austin? My dad just told me he has some Southwest ticket that is going to expire on the 18th and he is offering me a free ticket anywhere. Whats going on!?

http://www.atxbs.com/?q=event/2008/10/06/month

Ok yea I think I am coming in this weekend? Who has a couch?

if you can tolerate my cats, i got a couch.

A) I love cats
B)will you be on the couch with me? I like to spoon.
C)It may be next weekend if I can help it.

A) good
B) it’ll be our secret
C) ok. IM me for details when you want.

hey lets all meet up and go riding…Jim you have my number

yes i do. i need to call you anyway. i’ll hit you up tmrw about the race.

Bump for sxsw discussion.