Your bike is dead. Don't cry or yell at me

I think they just wanted to retire. Although it seems like the shop has enough name recognition they could have sold the business rather than shutting down.

1 Like

All that said, Harris has sold interesting bikes for a long time. My wife grew up riding Terry bikes that she got there. Recently, they’ve been popular as a Brompton dealer for the Boston area.

1 Like

7 Likes

Moulton dealer too

1 Like

Harris report:

I snagged the Ridgid vise in the auction. I went to the shop to pick it up this afternoon. I just finished mounting it on my workbench.

While I was there, I saw one of @igor’s stickers on their old computer.

And managed to scrape off and save a Sheldon Brown Ride in Peace sticker

Pretty much everything sold at auction, but there was a pile of stuff under one of the shop benches that they said was up for grabs. I now have a lifetime supply of ferrules. Also snagged Chris King hub tools and some facing tools and a box of acid brushes that I’ll post in the classifieds later.

The big lot of parts that @jimmythefly was eyeing was being picked up by someone from Cambridge Used Bicycle, which seems like a worthy home.

26 Likes

Those CK hub tools will be worth double if that’s Sheldon’s handwriting on the box.

6 Likes

Amazing. Great cable accessory score. I’ve been avoiding buying bottles of the stuff for years.

2 Likes

same but i work in a place that buys ferrules and blue cable tips en masse. but now i live 3.5 hours away…

1 Like

I need to do an inventory, but I’m pretty sure I now have more than a lifetime’s supply. Tarck secret santa may have some ferrule stocking stuffers…

3 Likes

Deck the halls with ferrules and Prolly!

3 Likes

This warms my cockles. Glad to know the spirit of Sheldon lives on among tarckfolk.

Dude, just do it. You’ll thank yourself. A bottle of ferrules and cable ends will last ten years, but you’ll always have 'em.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Never heard the man talk. I would not have put that voice on him. Cool.

3 Likes

@earwig dibs on the CK tools. Not really, since I already have pretty much everything they made, but I’d like to see what’s in that box.

somehow it’s exactly the voice i expected

8 Likes

One of the drawers is full of Sturmey Archer odds and ends. So I start googling to figure out what I’ve got. Where do you think I ended up?

2 Likes

Here ya go…

1 Like

I’ve been having a hell of a time this week with direct to consumer bikes and warranty issues that the companies don’t want to take responsibility for. Refused to tension a ride1up wheel today that came with the tension so low that the tensio chart doesn’t have a number for it. Told customer that the company should take care of it. Company calls me, asks what the problem is. I tell them we aren’t taking that wheel off and tensioning it. They tell me “ok well we will find someone who will.” Good luck.

4 Likes

Oh man, my wife went to the radpower showroom and the floor bikes they had to sell were the same level of maladjustment as you would get from Wal-Mart.

2 Likes

they have a showroom?

1 Like