Your bike is dead. Don't cry or yell at me

2 Likes

Never heard the man talk. I would not have put that voice on him. Cool.

3 Likes

@earwig dibs on the CK tools. Not really, since I already have pretty much everything they made, but I’d like to see what’s in that box.

somehow it’s exactly the voice i expected

8 Likes

One of the drawers is full of Sturmey Archer odds and ends. So I start googling to figure out what I’ve got. Where do you think I ended up?

2 Likes

Here ya go…

1 Like

I’ve been having a hell of a time this week with direct to consumer bikes and warranty issues that the companies don’t want to take responsibility for. Refused to tension a ride1up wheel today that came with the tension so low that the tensio chart doesn’t have a number for it. Told customer that the company should take care of it. Company calls me, asks what the problem is. I tell them we aren’t taking that wheel off and tensioning it. They tell me “ok well we will find someone who will.” Good luck.

4 Likes

Oh man, my wife went to the radpower showroom and the floor bikes they had to sell were the same level of maladjustment as you would get from Wal-Mart.

2 Likes

they have a showroom?

1 Like

It’s a shitshowroom. So is the parking lot apparently, huge SUVs driven by people who can’t drive for shit.

2 Likes

how is the wiring sitch? plug into the hub?

the plus side of ebike service is that, at least when bike shop employees end up having to learn how to solder and replace plugs, they might get a dollar raise

1 Like

It’s a plug n play, but the issue we run into is that the frame is so out of alignment or the spacing is so off that the wheel is nearly impossible to get out or put back in while holding derailleur and brake adjustments. Plus we run into issues like with this one where there is an obvious problem with an obvious responsible party but somehow we still end up as the ones dealing with it. Just ain’t worth it.

Also our wrench accidentally yanked apart a connector instead of just threading it apart the other day. That was fun.

1 Like

So good

1 Like

Prison island UV isn’t a joke.

First pic is the side of the tyre which is exposed to some limited light when the bike is stored. The more damaged area is from light scraping with a fingernail.

Second pic is the other side of the same tyre. The damn things were new only 8 months ago!

I will never buy tyres which aren’t all black ever again…

5 Likes

ISO: 59.5cm low trail lock-up bike

3 Likes

Let’s see if I can make it home.

12 Likes

JackSparrowStepsOffSinkingShip.mov

10 Likes

It’s good for 10 blocks, good for another 10 years.

11 Likes

our friend can fix that!

1 Like

It’s not broken, it’s upgraded to belt drive compatible.

13 Likes