Your bike is dead. Don't cry or yell at me

That’s so great.

1 Like

Every shop needs one

That’s at least 3 or 4 ugga duggas on the vise tightener.

1 Like

I’ve been going to the old shop to work on my bike and they let me hide at a back bench if it’s not too busy.

I always make sure not to ask in front of customers.

Of course, it’s now been five years since I was there and, though I’ve gotten to be acquainted with a few of the current mechanics, there’s just one guy left that I actually worked with, so I think my days of being able to do this are numbered.

But I guess I’ll stop asking to work back there when they stop giving me shit if I ever try to pay them to work on my bike.

I’m allowed to use the shop at two local shops but I only need it to use their reamers. I have my own cutters. :man_shrugging:

This would make me feel super awkward, especially if the new mechanics were giving me the side eye.

When I was a mechanic I remember being super annoyed by this. A few times the person was real chill and got to know us too but usually not.

Yeah I feel a little weird about it, but like I said, they also give me shit if I try to check my bike in to pay them to do the work (no discount on labor).

I can do 90% of what I need to do in my apartment’s backyard area and that’s mostly what I do, but there are a few things I still can’t do at home.

I guess I just need to pay some other shop to face/chase, install headsets, etc.

Sounds like you are cool and respectful about it so wth. Can I ask what shop? Just out of curiosity.

SB presidio. It’s all good. I go when my buddy is there and it’s fine. I don’t want to put the others in a weird spot.

Anyone have a Petri dish?

1 Like

Kill it with fire.

I can just imagine what’s happening under the bartape (from actual experience; I borrowed an ex-tri bike from a relative a few years ago for randonoodling around southern Mississippi, and when I disassembled the front end all of this off-yellow powder came raining out as I took off the handlebars and unwrapped the exceedingly gross tape.)

I didn’t dare use the existing bars or stem because I couldn’t be sure how much of the powder was pee, sweat, or aluminum.

50% of each.

1 Like

That moment you realize the ‘pro wheel builder’ mechanic that you replaced was ordering stock wheels and telling customers he was doing custom builds…

Jesus fuck. Every day I find more shady shit. 10 months in and still finding stuff out.

5 Likes

I wonder how many custom wheelbuilders farm out their work that way?

I wish people would pick just 1 JA way to mount their rack and stick with it.

4 Likes

The tape probably has wire underneath.

1 Like

Actually it didn’t. I was mildly suprised

1 Like

Holy shit.

1 Like