Your bike is dead. Don't cry or yell at me

what did he do if they asked for a non-stock wheel? have wheelbuilder.com build it or something?

1 Like

what the fuck? That’s so fucking lame.

I guess he built a few sets, most of which I had to rebuild as spokes were wrong lenghts, or he fucked up the key spoke placement so nipple/spoke angles were opposite and spokes kept breaking.

You know, ‘pro’ mechanic shit.

1 Like

I bought this kit online. Can you install it on my old Trek? Sure.

You have a compressor, you need a die grinder with some carbide burrs for this kinda shit.

Not if my long term plans work out.

What’s your long term plan? To file that gorilla bracket by hand?

2 Likes

He’s going to start forging his own soon.

Stainless steel 3d printer

what is that?

For blaze-on type gorillas.

5000 miles on a trainer.

Ewwwww

Do people really sweat that much? I have a trainer and I am an average sweaty person but it doesn’t drip all over my bike?

That brake design… fuck.

I wanna know what they were bringing it in for, and whether or not the balked at the Miscellaneous Scum fee.

Is the MS fee more or less than the DSOT fee?

Super nice guy, who brought in his other Madone for service, which became an overhaul with all new rings and bits. The white Madone became a trainer bike the last year because they had another kid and work life. New rings, cassette, cables, chain, bb, headset the works.

Hanger of said bike

Charged him the overhaul service, time spent for removing/drilling seized bolts and parts. Whenever a dremel or drill is used, customer is hit with a minimum fee of 50 dollars. Drills and dremels can kill carbon real quick…that 50 covers 30 minutes of drill work. After 30 minutes, hourly rate is used.

Torch was used four times on this bike, once I was able to drill out things.

I also had to resurface the hardware for the brake and clean up the bushings as they were pitted. The rear brake no longer retracts as quickly as it should. He’s in for a caliper replacement soon. When he brought it in, the levers were locked because the caliper were seized.

2 Likes

Welp, that makes me wanna puke.

In other disgusting stories - earlier this year had a “i make enough to live downtown and own a bimmer” woman come into the shop with a step thru hybrid that she wanted worked on. I was about to take the bike from her and wheel it to one of the stands when, mere inches from making contact, I noticed that there was human shit on her saddle. I was way too weirded out to say anything. I just kinda pretended I didn’t see it and surreptitiously looked at her to see if I could identify it’s origin. She was completely clean. Sprayed that fucker down outside and coated liberally with ethanol. Later she bought like $200 in various lights and attachments for her handlebars, I’m not even exaggerating. No free space left.

1 Like

Is she a triathlete? Maybe she’s just accustomed to evacuating while on her bike.

5 Likes