You're gunna hurt yourself: Carry Shit Olympics (aka the Cargo Bike thread)

Riv sells Pletscher hardware that includes two curved pieces that cradle your chainstays. I haven’t tried it but I should because right now I have two bikes with two leg kickstands that occasionally swivel to where they touch the crank or spokes.

that’s where i’m at now and i keep forgetting to take the fucking thing off before i ride. i was thinking something like that but i’m also not 100% sure it’ll “fix” it. probably worth trying tho

I just sandwiched the stays. Nothing squished. Worked fine for a couple years.

:heart:

2 Likes

You’re running stock gearing slash drivetrain? That could be worse on mine because of a danglier dangler and big ol’ cassette.

1 Like

shameless plug I have a 20" wheel for anyone needing one still FS: 20" disc wheel for your cargo bike

i put a steering helper spring thing on the cargo bike and it’s too weak to do anything. gonna have to get like a garage door spring or something.

5 Likes

I got a new, bigger bin for this thing.

Gotta move it back a few inches and figure out a better way to attach it to the rails with some big p clamps and some standoffs or long spacers or something. It’s currently attached to the front rail with a p clamp and the side rails with a come along strap.

6 Likes

can it fit the wide way? you could get the center of it behind the front wheel maybe.

I had to do the same thing. I was able to find something at the hardware store luckily.

1 Like

If I put it the wide way it wouldn’t fit through my basement door or the side door of the garage. :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

A-ha! So the Ancestral Puebloans were cargo bikers, which makes sense what with the horse not being introduced yet.

11 Likes
7 Likes

Gotta keep these babbies safe!

10 Likes

This setup is legendary and always will be

The most expensive janky ass kid hauling setup ever.

Progress on the Cargomerckx.

19 Likes

sheesh

1 Like

Ordered the wrong fuckin adapter for the front disc, dammit.

I love this.
Is that the frame that was stolen and recovered?

1 Like