You're gunna hurt yourself: Carry Shit Olympics (aka the Cargo Bike thread)

my very old xxl timbuk2 bag that perfectly fit in the big ant died a sudden death in the last few days, would like to replace it with another bag, any thoughts?

i am working on this clown town project, it is pretty easy to do:

atmo the key is something that doesn’t suck to wear. easy if you lock up, easy if you run out of space. cheapest backpack style mess equipment is ideal atmo. bonus is backpack can stand up to make room for a grocery bag or two on your last stop

1 Like

I don’t know where else to put this but I really want to show up to the super hip #coffeeoutside on my ebike with my battery/inverter and a plug in coffee maker. Maybe an electric skillet too.

11 Likes

my dude you are reinventing the food cart here

5 Likes

Coffee here! Coffee outside here!

4c820c5623bfca6c247ef7ace7832cf9

6 Likes

I mean, you would make unbelievable amounts of money selling fancy coffee out of a cutesy Japanese street vendor themed cargo bike - just think about literally everything Coffee Outside type people like! total gold mine!

2 Likes

And here I was thinking I’d do it for free!

Tarck consulting LLC strikes again!

3 Likes

It’s free but the coffee is terrible, institutional Sysco brand stuff made in a Mr. Coffee from the Goodwill.

3 Likes

@iwillbe do you have an Ursus Jumbo on your Lorry? Any issues with clearance in the stowed position?

Just noticed that Universal Cycles started carrying Ursus stuff and thinking about replacing the stock stand on mine.

1 Like

I do, and it hits the chain a little. It’s pretty easy to lower the kickstand by putting in a spacer between it and the underside of the chainstays. It does make engaging the bolt a little tricky, but it gets there.

It’s worth it to have a good two leg stand

1 Like

Would this @Andrew_Squirrel modification help with the issue?

1 Like

nope! on mine the chain connects with the hipbone, not the femur

The stand that came with the Omnomnom is an absolute beast. I dunno if you can buy it anywhere but if you can, I recommend it highly.

3 Likes

yup, that’s what I need - the longer neck leading down to the hinge head.

Man I REALLY do not know the formal terms for any of these components and elements. Y’see you got the gooseneck and the bunny ears and they all join up at the hipbone…

and whoever gets the bigger piece has their wish come true

any good ideas on securely mounting a 2 leg to a bike without kickstand plate? like getting it tight enough without crushing the chainstays

1 Like

Riv sells Pletscher hardware that includes two curved pieces that cradle your chainstays. I haven’t tried it but I should because right now I have two bikes with two leg kickstands that occasionally swivel to where they touch the crank or spokes.

that’s where i’m at now and i keep forgetting to take the fucking thing off before i ride. i was thinking something like that but i’m also not 100% sure it’ll “fix” it. probably worth trying tho

I just sandwiched the stays. Nothing squished. Worked fine for a couple years.

:heart:

2 Likes