Youthful indiscretions: Post your track bike/sw8 fixie

lol here’s my kilo tt pictured with 700x30 Kenda Kwick “knobbies” for winter use
2010 - 2013? college commuter
it was too small
saddle was a legit ass hatchet
did a 350 mile weeklong tour on it once
gumwalls before they were cool
I wore my click clack shoes everywhere
those wheels were such shit I broke spokes all the time
sold it to a friend
kinda want another one

1 Like

goddammit I had a lot of good memories with that bike

I got my first fixie ™ post-peak since I could only afford a shitty old ten speed during college. It was this silly fgfs frame. I got it complete for like $240 and then rode it home brklzz, in the snow, over the Williamsburg bridge (and felt like I was gonna die)

And a couple years down the line I put a carradice on it for commuting:

I then kludged a BMX rear brake on and used it for cyclocross before buying jim’s pompino (which I’m includedinf since I rode it fixed for commuting)

And then the fgfs got a dynamo and became a winter bike that could barspin.

And at some point in here I built up the gitane track from my first post in this thread.

3 Likes

The purple one was my very first self bought bike. It’s a Volume Cutter trick track and an enormous turd. Super heavy with a monster chromed steel fork. Sweet white Deep V in the rear with a cheapo Shimano road wheel up front. Only photo I can find. I did like the purple though and got lots of comments.

Second is my Fuji Track Pro that I later paint stripped and put Deda track bars, until they hurt my hands so badly I sold the whole thing. I think the pedal room guy bought it from me. He painted half of it gold, and tried to flip it on Craigslist if I recall. I thought I was cool for the DA cranks but the splines were basically toast.

1 Like

My second sweet fixie conversion. I don’t remember what the frame was other than it was too small for me.

oh I actually found some old ones while fixing Flickr.

This was the conversion that I started with, that rear wheel was janky but the rest of the bike was pretty solid. Early fizik mtb saddle.

here’s the IRO GB frame which got the deep drop dedas and CXP wheelset

I built this felt after selling my repainted fuji track pro and it spent a brief interval with tiny flat bars before getting paint and a rebuild with track drops:

I’d rebuilt the IRO as a SS rain bike with fenders but it always felt a little dead

I got this Stratos thru Keirin Culture and it just always fit. It had that pie plate ring, Cinelli saddle, and Mavic bullhorns for a little while, but when I moved back to Richmond it got Jitensha Studio sweeps, an SLR, and 75s and that’s how it still is today:

4 Likes

This threads makes me want one of those MKE Bruisers lulz

Geometry is really weird on it and I’m sure I’d hate it in a Small

Shit, I’m a cheap fixed wheel away from doing sweet snowy whip skids. Need to stop looking at this.

I sense so much nostalgia in all of these responses.

Current bike since 2013 or so - now has real Nitto track drops, a nice stem and a celeste turbo. Rode it for the first time in 3 years yesterday.

Wish I never sold this one, a Raleigh Super Course. Saw it at the library a few months ago and almost left a note to try to buy it back.

Can’t find any photos of my first sick fixie, but it was a Volume Cutter with old tube wrapped drop bars.

1 Like

My sw8 2k8 fixie. Was cleaned up by a car a few days after this, destroying the pokes and giving me a nice concussion. Still have it hanging up downstairs, it’s a mide-20th century Australian track bike with some ridiculous lug work, probably a Hartley. Will restore it when I win the lottery. Taken with a potato

Feel the force flow through you!

Here is my first conversion. Weird old french frame

[

1 Like

Oh wow lotta nerve showin up here like that.

me?

is that the olympic team edition bianchi

I rode my fixie on the rollers yesterday which obviously means it’s time to bring back goldsprints

2 Likes

I’m ashamed of how much I miss this stupid bike.

4 Likes

I wanted one of those sooooo bad

i dunno

2 Likes

A fop fixie (or foxie?)

1 Like