2008 Non Track Races

I wont be in town to get my ass kicked in this but some of you might wanna be.
Yes, is 24 hours.

I did Landmine at Wampatuck today, 25 miles of saturated mud, wet roots, rocks, lots of techi single track, some fire road and pave. I finnished in 3:09:?? .

Great pulled pork sandwiches after the race for a donation to the Jimmy fund.

The field we parked in was an epic mud bog with a few cars sunk to the floor boards.

Good Times!

Nap now zzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZzzzzzzz

[quote=“deathhare”]I wont be in town to get my ass kicked in this but some of you might wanna be.
Yes, is 24 hours.

[/quote]

I really want to do a race like this.

The guy who won last year came in second this year he is a practicing muslim and did not eat or drink for most of those 24 hours. This strongly suggests that I need to just htfu.

I’m doing my first 24-hour mountain bike race later this month, and I don’t even have a bike yet. It looks like it’ll be on a Monocog, though.

Solo? On a Monocog? No suspension?

Go for it!

It’s going to be a two-man team, possibly three. The only suspension will probably be my Brooks saddle. My partner is a professional triathlete who is in 1,000,000 times better shape than me (at least how I perceive it) so it’s going to be interesting to see how I fare with him.

this last saturday i did the only type of triathlon i’ll ever participate in - whitewater kayaking, mountain biking, and trail running. the course was awesome - minus the on-road cycling portion - and it was a lot of fun.

I’m interested on how how you’ll break up the shifts. Two 6 hour? One 12 hour? Three 4 hour?
I also want to hear about any 3:00am hallucinations.

Can I suggest a high volume low rolling resistance light tire like a larger sized Racing Ralph?

On the cheep, for rear tires I’ve clipped the center nobs close to the carcass and left the side nobs.
Roll fast on the hard pack but sill get some traction in the soft.

KATANA!

Actually, it turns out the race is the same weekend as My Bloody Valentine, which I bought tickets for over six months ago. Now my partner’s going to do the twenty-four hours SOLO. He’s fucking Superman or something.

Whoa, they still tour? Awesome.

Yeah, I guess it’s a one-off thing. I don’t expect MBV to be touring regularly or anything.

Also, the 2008 Monocog I ordered yesterday is out of stock, so now I have to get a 2009, which won’t be ready until after the race. So MBV or not, I can’t ride.

I miss shop prices :frowning:

I still get like 10% off as a former employee, but that’s nothing.

Vermont 50 report.

I made a few errors and I’m still hurting!

I thought I’d get dressed and warm up after the 5:30am meeting. The meeting started late. I left got dressed and had 5 minutes to get that last pee in and line up. No warm up.

I should have put some electrolytes in the Camel Sack. At around 20 miles the leg cramps started and plagued me for the rest of the ride. in spite of geting a handful of electrotabs from an aid station as well as some salt encrusted potatoes

Around mile 30 I was wishing I had some sort of front suspension. The full rigid climbed great and rolls fast on the dirt and fire roads and climbs well on the singletrack. The braking bumps on the singletrack descents were to much for my arms to absorb. My lower back was screaming!

I crashed around mile 32 and somehow missed my helmet and hit the back of my head on a small stump. about five miles later I slipped on a huge root and slammed my tailbone on the sadle nose hard enough to tip the saddle down 45 degrees.

After fixing it I came close to my first ever DNF. I rode on but lost interest in racing. I just wanted to survive.

That last climb up Mt. Ascutney sapped my will to live.
But the decent down the ski slope at the end had me whooping out loud !

7:46:46 next year I’ll kill that time.

I’m still sore. My triceps took a few days to recover. My bum still hurts.

Mud, Sweat and Gears this Sunday for my 11th race this year.

Wow! Last time (only time) I saw them was 1991 They opened for Dinosaur JR in Chapel Hill, with Babes in Toyland… They had a crazy “super speaker” and everyone in the crowd had toilet paper jammed in their ears to deal with it…

Wow! Last time (only time) I saw them was 1991 They opened for Dinosaur JR in Chapel Hill, with Babes in Toyland… They had a crazy “super speaker” and everyone in the crowd had toilet paper jammed in their ears to deal with it…[/quote]

Wow, no wonder everyone thinks they are so cool. :colbert:

99% of english bands = nothx

Mud, Sweat and gears off road duathalon today.

I felt great 'cept for my tailbone.

I missed a turn and went the wrong way on the bike. I was getting ready to pass a dude on the left when he went left, the wrong way at a fork. I followed like a lemming. I think I lost more then 1.5 min.

I was 3rd in my age group and 18th overall, out of 84. I finished in 57:46, 5 seconds slower then the same course in the spring.

Run, 1.8 miles, 13:37, (14 seconds faster)
Bike, 5.5 miles, 28:40, (61 seconds slower)
Run, 1.8 miles,15:28, (42 seconds faster)