2009 GT Gutterball (AKA wannabe GTB)

[quote=“bonechilling”][quote=“snakesakti”]yeah, i so want to like it, but can’t. even just to play devil’s advocate.

strange because i can’t even really put my finger on what i dislike.[/quote]

I can. It’s the stock riser bars, the jank cable routing, the water bottle bosses, the sloping top tube, and the dumpster-level components.[/quote]

To play devil’s advocate: marketers select these jumbles of OEM parts for specific consumers in mind. You’re not that specific consumer, you have more distinguished taste in bikes.

Much like the Langster, some mid-twenty-something is going to use this bike to commute to their creative office job in the city.

Nothing wrong with that (other than contributing to a watered down subculture of another watered down subculture). I say more bikes, more choices, more bike commuters, the better.

hmm, i see it as it more as an attempt at an entry level commuter singlespeed than some jump-the-bandwagon tarck offering. every ‘negative’ you posted makes sense in that light.

I could be wrong, but it seems to me that with more and more folks getting into bikes as transportation, singlespeeds are replacing traditional goofy hybrids amongst casual riders – hence the wide risers, bottle bosses etc. Hell, half the people that want me to find them bikes (think my 50+ mother, 60+ aunt, not young hipster types) have made ‘no gears’ a requirement, as they don’t want to bother with them.

EDIT: or what she said.

[quote=frankstoneline]I want to buy one of those frame on the cheap from some kid who decides bikes are too much work and put a 650 front and drops on it so it looks like an almost straight top tube…
badassssssss[/quote]

Did that, but with 650 Forks and Pursuits.

Being a Gutterball owner,
everything did suck about complete bike. That’s why everything was sold… Haha!

If you take off all the cheap components and replace them with quality components it is a decent bike.

I still hate the forward sloping top tube tho!

[quote=andr3]Being a Gutterball owner,
everything did suck about complete bike. That’s why everything was sold… Haha!

If you take off all the cheap components and replace them with quality components it is a decent bike.

I still hate the forward sloping top tube tho![/quote]

Your fork could use a little bit more steerer.

Sold those forks along with the 650…

[quote=andr3]Did that, but with 650 Forks and Pursuits.
[/quote]

Oh god.

The Capo went from one of my favorite SS/FG bikes to one of my least favorites in one year.

The 2008s were awesome

dammit it’s not “forks”

pursuit reflectors.

[quote=andr3]
[/quote]

Are you pursuing a hole in your sternum?

[quote=tarckeemoon][quote=andr3]
[/quote]

Are you pursuing a hole in your sternum?[/quote]

Yeah, how’d you know?

police please confisacte andr3 bike
kai thnks bai

that article pissed me off.

[quote=dooktruck]police please confisacte andr3 bike
kai thnks bai

Eat a dick!

[quote=andr3][quote=dooktruck]police please confisacte andr3 bike
kai thnks bai

Eat a dick![/quote]

I believe it is you who needs to eat a shattered sternum full of dicks.

also dumbest article ever

[quote=andr3][quote=dooktruck]police please confisacte andr3 bike
kai thnks bai

Eat a dick![/quote]

i will confisacte all teh dicks and feed them to u
then u pay fine

sacramento was formed when god took a dump on a dirt lot. anyone who thinks that it was the cops that “harshed their summer” needs a PITD.