3d printed friction shifters

FreeCAD world is going crazy right now

Fabricating springs does sound hard. The springs for Simplexes are sought after enough that Wayne Bingham at Velo Classique sells them by mail order. I wonder where he gets them.

That’s why you design them and send the dxf to the contract springmaker.

Lots of springs in lots of things and if you think yours is unique then you might be in for a surprise.

As an active member of Tarck I am happy to assist in the management and coordination of the 3d printed shifters.

5 Likes

Ey, makes sense. Still really cool, seems like some proper hardware really set it apart. I’m interested in making some printed end-use stuff.

The test rig looked neat, but I’m just a designer so I don’t bother with testing!

Yea the fusion360 stuff is a drag, I don’t use the FEA but some other features I used are gone now. @drwelby I hadn’t heard of FreeCAD I gotta check that out, thanks!

Whoever decided what features to pull from the free version of F360 better get a big fat bonus, because they got my money
If anybody wants to run F360 FEA or post a toolpath with rapid feed or any of the shit they changed, get at me and I’ll give you my login

1 Like

But only talk to my lawyer. I’m not professional enough to speak to a customer

No one is going to argue with you on that one!

5 Likes

b5f12790717a79db3dcb09cb2e1bb5d0