3rensho bike opinion needed

bought? PICTURES. NOW.

I’ll give ya $1400 for it

An LBS with a complete 3Rensho pursuit with disc wheels for $600?

I call BS.

I saw it posted on CL here in the bay area for 800.

well, when I get it in hand I will post pics. Should be mailed out by Monday.

tdhk

[quote=“SteveSentMe”]An LBS with a complete 3Rensho pursuit with disc wheels for $600?

I call BS.[/quote]

well it wasn’t an LBS but I will let you all know if all goes well.

tdhk

I hope you didn’t send cash to some guy on Craigslist for this bike.

If you did for the love of god cancel the paypal or whatever

I actually have him dropping it off to his LBS to pack up and I will use them as a confirmation whether the bike is real or not. They will be handling the packing and shipping so I will be sending them the money for that. As soon as that is confirmed I will send him the $. Sounds good. Saw it in the bay CL. ??? You sure it was the SAME AD/BIKE???
Too good to be TRUE???

TDHK

It is almost certainly a scam. I would have him take it to a shop of your choosing or have a local pick it up. Where did the guy say the bike was from? If it was in DC I will pick it up and begrudgingly ship it to you.

The real test is if he says the bike is in X city, and you say ‘oh man my best friend just moved there, he can come pick it up!’ and if he balks it is a scam 100%

I’m now 100% certain that this is a scam.

yeah, i’m with the rest. this sounds like a scam.

might not be. i got a similarly absurd deal buying a bike from a dude in california.

I can’t find the the CL posting anymore.
If he says its out here in the Bay Area, I will go pick it up for you.

Which was…?

Anyone interested in buying this bridge I have sitting around…?

whats your paypal address so i can send you my life savings

whats your paypal address so i can send you my life savings[/quote]

Sorry dude, cash only.

In briefcases.

got the frame in. but have not taken any pics yet. So far I have removed the seatpost which I thought ws gonna be stuck (no probs). The next thing on the list was removing the stem and handlebar (which by the way is almost identical to the ones that Yamguchi makes, maybe he made the bike when he was with san rensho http://www.yamaguchibike.com/content/Components). Should be easy right, wrong, stripped allen bolt. I have it at the LBS having the bolt drilled out. Should have it out on the road by the weekend, hopefully.

here is a better stock pic form the CL ad.
(sorry if its SUPER huge)

tdhk