48x17 Club Kids only.

[quote=Rusty Piton]My ratio is 53/11-23 and 39/11-23.
Its the best gearing.[/quote]

I’ve you’ve never seen a hill. Also, dig your new avatar. Saw Triplets of Belleville for the first (and second) time recently. I really enjoyed it.

Who rides fixed in a paceline? That just seems weird. I’m not sure I’d be comfortable in a paceline with a mix of fixed and not fixed. This thread is causing me to lament not having a fixed bike presently.

[quote=halbritt][quote=Rusty Piton]My ratio is 53/11-23 and 39/11-23.

I’ve you’ve never seen a hill. Also, dig your new avatar. Saw Triplets of Belleville for the first (and second) time recently. I really enjoyed it.

Who rides fixed in a paceline? That just seems weird. I’m not sure I’d be comfortable in a paceline with a mix of fixed and not fixed. This thread is causing me to lament not having a fixed bike presently.[/quote]

I much prefer to ride in a a all fixed paceline, most of the fixed riders that I also ride with also do some road riding so they know what to expect when riding with fixed gears. And artblur we should ride sometime! Maniac Monday tonight! South Miami library at 6.

49x15, htfu

50x12 HTFU! and that’s for warm up!

[quote=halbritt][quote=Rusty Piton]My ratio is 53/11-23 and 39/11-23.

[/quote]
You would be correct in your oddly worded assumption.
I had a dream the other night that I was riding up a big hill and got shut down by lack to low gearing.
Triplets of Belleville was awesome. I too saw it for the first time about a week ago.

[quote=Rusty Piton][quote=halbritt][quote=Rusty Piton]My ratio is 53/11-23 and 39/11-23.

[/quote]
You would be correct in your oddly worded assumption.
I had a dream the other night that I was riding up a big hill and got shut down by lack to low gearing.
Triplets of Belleville was awesome. I too saw it for the first time about a week ago.[/quote]

Imagine me being sort of surprised and stuttering with the concept if riding 39x23 up a 10% grade, “I’ve…if…you’ve…never seen a hill.”

Best club ever!

Uh… hey, I guess I’m in your club. Wut up?

[quote=walrus]48x17. 17t is the smallest surly cog with all the cool holes drilled in it.

and coz good ratio.[/quote]
das da juan i gotz

[quote=trollbrothers][quote=walrus]48x17. 17t is the smallest surly cog with all the cool holes drilled in it.

and coz good ratio.[/quote]
das da juan i gotz[/quote]
Word, me too. That’ll make me go faster right?

speed holes

48/17 representin…

53/19 on the gf’s bike so she looks strong…

46x18

Rode 46x16 for a long, long time. The change was for the better.

hills are a myth, they don’t exist. riding up a hill with 48x 16 gearing=sending an army of ships for helen of troy. when i look up at the stars from the beaches of lake michigan i see constellations of hills.

used to ride 48x16. now im riding 48x19 but im going to be changing it out because the wheel sits too far back and i cant get proper chain tension. i was thinking 48x17

haha I was in heaven cruising around chi with 47x16, so fast so flat, and i wasn’t sweaty.

[quote=halbritt]
Who rides fixed in a paceline? That just seems weird. I’m not sure I’d be comfortable in a paceline with a mix of fixed and not fixed. This thread is causing me to lament not having a fixed bike presently.[/quote]

My regular group was 2 fixed, and 3 or 4 geared. Worked great. Us fixed guys avoided being behind one guy who couldn’t keep a steady pace to save his life. Surged like crazy… VERY annoying. But everyone (except him) said they loved pacing behind the fixed bikes because of the steadiness.

Oh, and it’s great hearing the comments from people when the mix of bikes goes by on a charity or bike shop ride.

44x17 here. Need to step up, but this works for the 10mph crawls with my BMX buddies and the worst headwinds I’ve found.

53-39 * 13-15-17-19-21-23-25-28-34. Its a fucked up gearing but that’s how I roll! If I got a compact crank with a big big-ring, i could run a more reasonable cassette while maintaining just about the same range. On the other hand, more teeth does = slower wear and the huge cassette and XT derailer I have on now gives the bike that certain je ne sais quoi.

I don’t really have a regular group. With folks I trusted, I’d probably rather ride a fixed paceline than not. Also, hate surging. Unfortunately, I’m not fast enough to ride with more experienced folks without getting dropped in a big hurry. People that ride my speed tend to be incompetent fucktwits that think it’s appropriate to use brakes in a paceline.

Maybe I’m just bitter.

i hate riding behind geared people during group rides. the second they start coasting i have to slow down