48x17 Club Kids only.

+maybe. i’m not sure what sizes they’re available in, but that seems good, or a flip flop hub. though dingle cog would be cheaper than a whole rear wheel, so worth looking into. as i remember, though, they have weird combinations–like being a 17t and 21t, that sort of thing.

edit: just googled, 17/19 is available. try sheldon brown’s gear calculator to find a chainring to give a you a gearing equivalent to what you’d be getting otherwise.

43x15 with a front brake treats me pretty well.

Although there are a couple of hills that I have to get off and push…

Wut? THOSE HEADFONES ARE TARCK AS FUCK YO.

+maybe. i’m not sure what sizes they’re available in, but that seems good, or a flip flop hub. though dingle cog would be cheaper than a whole rear wheel, so worth looking into. as i remember, though, they have weird combinations–like being a 17t and 21t, that sort of thing.[/quote]
They’re available in 17/19, 17/20, n’ 17/21. I’ve got the 17/19 and like it quite a lot.

[quote=white folks]49x17

cos fun[/quote]

42/17. I am a big burly man.

Didn’t think you had a fixed ride anymore, ckd…

Posting in a “what gear do you ride?” thread.

i would dingle, but have a damn miche primato hub.

42x16/18 (SS, fuck fixed). Welcome to the real man club.

I’d 17/19 dingle but that Omnium chainring is too badass to replace with a 3/32 ring.

Freewheel, by the way. I tried riding fixed once but I got scared.

48x17. 17t is the smallest surly cog with all the cool holes drilled in it.

and coz good ratio.

53/39 X 12/13/15/17/19/21/23/25

yes yes yes

My ratio is 53/11-23 and 39/11-23.
Its the best gearing.

i was 48x17 for a year, and moved up to 48x15 to keep up some slow roadies i work with

Ever ride your bike into a headwind? I have a hard time believing anyone is mashing around at 24mph all the time. Optimal cadence is 90-100RPM which is 24-27mph. I don’t really know anyone that can sustain 24mph for greater than a few minutes.[/quote]

There’s always a headwind here, I guess I’m not always in optimal rpms, especially when just riding around. I’m almost positive I’m going with the 15t, a few of my friends run 14t and have no problem. Most of the rides here are straight and pace lined and fast as fuck.[/quote]
i vouch for this.
24-27mph is definitely reasonable for miami group rides… we are flat for sure. and, the group i ride with in the morning, pulls 24 sustained for and hour to an hour and a half. and bump up to 28 for about 10 minutes of that and then low 30’s for the sprint at the end.

edit: 98% of us ride geared bikes.
i run 48 x17 or 18 if i’m training solely on the bridge (the only thing more than a bump in the rode in miami)

52/42x12-23 coz no singlespeed